Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mitchell leaving LCA

Featured Replies

I understand that Clara Mitchell will not be playing for LCA this season. Can someone expand on this?

I spoke with the LCA assistant AD roughly a week ago and I spoke with the assistant girls coach and neither of them mentioned this.

That would be very surprising. It seemed to me she and Seamands had very good rapport.

I spoke with the LCA assistant AD roughly a week ago and I spoke with the assistant girls coach and neither of them mentioned this.

 

I stand corrected! Mitchell is leaving LCA and attending East Jessamine.

  • Author
I stand corrected! Mitchell is leaving LCA and attending East Jessamine.

 

That's what I was told as well. I just wanted to double-check before I posted. Thanks for confirming.

Why?[/QU

 

Tuition at LCA continues to rise, that could be the issue.

Dont let high costs be a reason for transferring...the KHSAA doesnt want to hear it....similar situation with a boy from LCA transferring out and he was rulled inelgible at all levels. Guess this young lady can count on losing this year of elgibility!

Dont let high costs be a reason for transferring...the KHSAA doesnt want to hear it....similar situation with a boy from LCA transferring out and he was rulled inelgible at all levels. Guess this young lady can count on losing this year of elgibility!

 

If we are thinking of the boy I am not sure if was necessarily for monetary purposes. Mitchells family doesnt have a whole lot of money, but i do believe she gets to play her senior year. She has a much needed scholorship to Illinois to play for.

If we are thinking of the boy I am not sure if was necessarily for monetary purposes. Mitchells family doesnt have a whole lot of money, but i do believe she gets to play her senior year. She has a much needed scholorship to Illinois to play for.

 

Great Kid who is caught in a mess. If the KHSAA rule her eligible then it will continue with there total lack of inconsistancy. Look at the two boys who transferred to Scott County they were ruled ineligble after Bone Fide Change of Residence. I believe that ruling has been or will be reversed. Lets hope that the Kid comes out okay and that she gets her college scholorship.

Great Kid who is caught in a mess. If the KHSAA rule her eligible then it will continue with there total lack of inconsistancy. Look at the two boys who transferred to Scott County they were ruled ineligble after Bone Fide Change of Residence. I believe that ruling has been or will be reversed. Lets hope that the Kid comes out okay and that she gets her college scholorship.

Is she moving? If not, how is this similar?

Is she moving? If not, how is this similar?

 

I am not saying the situations are similiar. I am just pointing out how inconsistant the KHSAA is on there rulings.

I am not saying the situations are similiar. I am just pointing out how inconsistant the KHSAA is on there rulings.

Has there been a ruling on this case?

Has there been a ruling on this case?

 

I too am curious about this as well- particularly after what I read in another post about other KHSAA cases and that the athletes were ruled inelgible. Unless she meets one of the criteria (death of a parent, divorce,etc. which I hope is not the case for her regardless of athletics) and it does not say anything about not being able to pay tuition, I don't see how she could be elgible to play. This could get very interesting...

 

Did she play for East Jess when she was in 8th grade?

Mitchell played at East as an eighth grader. Malik Stephenson left Catholic after freshman year and KHSAA never blinked an eye at ruling her eligible her sophomore year. Her reason for leaving Catholic: couldn't afford the tuition.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.