July 30, 200818 yr Author Rockets agree to send Jackson, pick, player to Kings for Artest http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3510261 Ron Artest didn't opt out then doubted his decision. It looks like that might be a moot point. The Houston Chronicle reported on Tuesday that the Sacramento Kings had agreed to trade the forward to the Rockets for Bobby Jackson, a No. 1 draft pick in 2009 and another player that the newspaper's source could not identify. Two weeks ago, Artest told ESPN.com that he was unhappy with himself for not opting out of his deal and becoming a free agent before the July 1 deadline. He hoped to be traded to "a team out there that can be more committed than Sacramento to me."
July 30, 200818 yr Author Bobby Jackson, 2009 1st Round pick and another player. Got that covered in above post...
July 30, 200818 yr Good pick up for Houston. They needed a good defensive stopper. Hopefully his attitude won't cause any more problems.
July 30, 200818 yr Artest, McGrady, Yao, Hayes, Battier...I dunno if Hayes will be starting but that is a good lineup if they can stay healthy!
July 30, 200818 yr They don't have a true SG do they...I guess McGrady will play there with Artest at the SF?
July 30, 200818 yr They don't have a true SG do they...I guess McGrady will play there with Artest at the SF? That's how I would do it.
July 30, 200818 yr They don't have a true SG do they...I guess McGrady will play there with Artest at the SF? McGrady is the SG. The Point is the problem. PG: ? SG: McGrady SF: Artest PF: Battier C: Yao
July 30, 200818 yr McGrady is the SG. The Point is the problem. PG: ? SG: McGrady SF: Artest PF: Battier C: Yao Rafer Alston should be the PG, if he's still in Houston. He averaged over 13 a game and 5 assists.
July 30, 200818 yr McGrady plays more like a small forward than he does a shooting guard. I don't believe shooting guard is his natural role, but he will be able to play it obviously. With him and Artest on the floor its more like 2 SF's.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.