Immigration Enforcement = Terrorism?

Obama speaks at La Raza Event:

Calling the ICE terrorists? ICE raids workplaces when they have probable cause to suspect an employer of hiring illegal aliens. They arrest workers who have false IDs and/or cannot prove their identification. This qualifies as terrorism?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like it but the same could be said about raids by many law enforcement agencies. I would think in a raid the idea would be to terrorize anyone present to minimize resistance and conclude the raid as safely as possible. I don't mean it as a negative to the agency at all.

Would prefer he use the personal responsibility angle he used at the NAACP.

FWIW, I haven't watched the clip yet...on my old dial-up connection at the moment.

The word terrorize has been around since before 9/11. Unfortunately, that day, we took it to mean something much more sinister. Terrorism essentially means to instill great fear in someone. I would imagine anyone in any type of raid would feel great fear, whether they are the illegal immigrant or not. The illegal, though in complete violation of the law and responsible for their own actions, can still feel terror, too.

Yes, really. It is semantics. And hyperbole. And both are quite typical in political discourse. And unfortunately, in modern English usage. It would be no different than me saying, "It really just kills me that Sen. Obama said the ICE was terrorizing people."

And the verb terrorize isn't really exclusive to the noun terrorist.

Yes, really. It is semantics. And hyperbole. And both are quite typical in political discourse. And unfortunately, in modern English usage. It would be no different than me saying, "It really just kills me that Sen. Obama said the ICE was terrorizing people."

And the verb terrorize isn't really exclusive to the noun terrorist.

Sorry, ain't buying it. It never ceases to amaze me how Obama loyalists are so willing to cover over his gaffes and or offensive remarks.

Terrorize means to evoke terror. Is ICE doing any of the things that Obama said to LEGAL aliens and citizens?
Exactly! :thumb:

So illegal aliens cannot feel terror? Or we don't care about the terror they feel? Also, during these raids, are only illegals present?
His remarks were at a La Raza event. We all know why he chose the words he used and I find it despicable. I can't see any reason to cut Obama any slack here.