Adam Dunn?

Shouldn't we actually sign Alonso & let him play a few games in the minors before we start worrying about what to do with our current MLB roster?

Well if you re-sign Dunn your going to have to give him a long term deal, which would eliminate Alonso, if you draft a kid out of college first, you have to have him in your plans pretty soon, if he isn't up next year, he will be up in 2010.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I don't get how in every Dunn argument you place wins and losses on him. It's not his fault he had terrible management and one of the worst bullpens and starting rotation for the last 5 years.

I will give you that, he isn't to blame for that completly, but there are stretches when any and I mean ANY lefty can get him to look like a five year old with a brand new toy called a baseball bat. Then there are times when he is putting the ball in the seats like it's nothing. But more often than not he being just above average as far as all around players go. I would say ok and keep him for about 8 or so million. But if anyone on this thread has the data and smarts to make me believe that 13 to 15 million a year is better spent on Adam Dunn then locking up our young guns (Volquez, Bruce, Votto, Cueto, etc).