Liggins

gametime

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are both good to go, and have been cleared, from what I have heard and as I have suspected, UK is not going to make a big deal about it and go public with much.

Not 100% positive, but it is what I have been told.

MM says he has 100% proof...I heard earlier in the week he was good to go, and only an announcement or someone coming out publicly in the media per se would take it up a notch.

MM says he has 100% proof...I heard earlier in the week he was good to go, and only an announcement or someone coming out publicly in the media per se would take it up a notch.

There is a site where this news is nearly a month old and MM gets some of his info from that source.

Here is the post from to which I am referring and it is dated July 19th. The thread is 11 pages long and titled "Liggins is good to go" :

At UK this fall.I was told that everything with Liggins has been cleared up and will be announced early next week,mon. or tues. probably.We already knew he had the passing test score when he took those extra core classes over the summer and passed.THe only thing that was holding it up was the clearing house was checking how he improved his grades so much.They thouht maybe he had a little help but hey found out he didnt.So Liggins will be eligible to go this fall which is great news.

Galloway is alos eligible and ready to go.The clearing house was checking his summer school classes and making sure he took care of everything he needed to this summer.Galloway is ready to go and will be there this fall.

It has since come out that the clearing house gave closer scrutiniy that originally thought they would and that UK has had the word from them for nearly 2 weeks now and is waiting until the official 08/09 roster is released.

Here is the post from to which I am referring and it is dated July 19th. The thread is 11 pages long and titled "Liggins is good to go" :

At UK this fall.I was told that everything with Liggins has been cleared up and will be announced early next week,mon. or tues. probably.We already knew he had the passing test score when he took those extra core classes over the summer and passed.THe only thing that was holding it up was the clearing house was checking how he improved his grades so much.They thouht maybe he had a little help but hey found out he didnt.So Liggins will be eligible to go this fall which is great news.

Galloway is alos eligible and ready to go.The clearing house was checking his summer school classes and making sure he took care of everything he needed to this summer.Galloway is ready to go and will be there this fall.

It has since come out that the clearing house gave closer scrutiniy that originally thought they would and that UK has had the word from them for nearly 2 weeks now and is waiting until the official 08/09 roster is released.

That is not exactly the case.

He had finally completed all of his classes, right up before the last test date, and with his new GPA, it met the needed requirements based on the cumulative score of the core subjects on his prior attempts.

The Clearinghouse had questions about one particular grade. It had nothing to do with HOW he improved his grades. It was questioning one class only, which really was not an impact according to UK's Compliance.

Fieldhouse Crazy was on here first saying he was good to go, a long while back, then I heard it was all systems go, just awaiting clearinghouse. Sandy Bell is good at what she does.

One fellow can access the Clearinghouse Eligibility Center and check on status. The status had changes to all systems go just recently.

Right around August 1st, the NCAA released a bunch of info on kids, as I previously mentioned.

Matter of fact I know one school in which two kids were flagged again.

The clearance has been there for more than a few days.

Galloway had zero issues with Clearinghouse...it was all about getting his stuff lined up to get into UK.

So the thread you linked is partially correct.

Glad to know Liggins and Galloway will be playing this year...There's alot of pressure on these guys to produce early or at least one of them to...I don't think either have to be big scorers, but, 10-14 per game, 6-9 assists(between them), would be sweet. The best thing about it, they'll push each other for playing time and I think that'll end up making both of them better in the longrun, especially on defense, which BCG will "no doubt" prioritize...