Kentucky teams traveling in July

July is the biggest month of the year for college recruiting. Several Kentucky teams will be traveling this month competing against some of the top talent around the country. Derek Smith All Stars, Shining Stars, Team Kentucky,

and others are all out there competing. Lets use this thread to keep track on how the Kentucky kids are competing against the national competition.

I know most of these teams will be in Louisville starting today at Adidas 3 Stripes tournament or the Kentucky Hoopfest. Next week will be the Morgantown Jamfest.

How's your team doing? What colleges are calling?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of young players that represented very well at the Adidas Take 5 for the Shining Star Sports program.

Scott Schuette of Lexington Catholic had a fantastic tournament. He is one of the better scorers in his class. Scott is only going to get better as he gets stronger. Great shooter and scorer with good ball skills. When he figures out the defensive end he will become a dominant player.

Neal Pawsatt of Mason County played was very impressive. Neal can do a little bit of everything on the court. He has played the point at times and the post at others. Very flexible player and a great leader.

Luke King of Deming. He took over at times for the Shining Star team. Luke was very aggressive and played very well for the entire tournament.

I had the opportunity to watch the Derek Smith team a couple of times this week. The twins from Elliot are amazing and very fun to watch. They are like a pair of energyzer bunnies. They play hard and push their team to follow their lead. Great players!!

Their energy is amazing!!

Do they ever get tired?

I had the opportunity to watch the Derek Smith team a couple of times this week. The twins from Elliot are amazing and very fun to watch. They are like a pair of energyzer bunnies. They play hard and push their team to follow their lead. Great players!!

Their energy is amazing!!

Do they ever get tired?

MCLOVIN--Hey glad you liked the play of Ethan and Evan Faulkner. They can run all night long and not get tired. Those boys play with intensity and passion for 4 quarters and 4 overtimes if necessary. Also, they are super nice young men who handle themselves very well off the court. They are very personable young men who you can't help but like and do good media interviews. They understand the game and how to play and are very smart young men. Thanks for the love for the twins!!!!

DS went 3-0 yesterday in pool play at Addidas 3 Stripe in Louisville. Competition not near as strong as Cincinnatti. Plays today at 11.15 and 1.45 at Mid American in Louisville.

Had about 10 dunks in the last game from Bevins, Macon, and Phares

(Faulkners didn't have any) :D

DS won the Adidas 3 stripes classic over the Higher Level out of Louisville 75-62.

Their next event is the Morgantown Jamfest starting next monday.

I heard the Kentucky Gators were 2-0 at the Hoopfest. Any other teams playing at the Hoopfest?

Several of the Shining Stars 16U teams from Cincy and KY are there. I think the 16U McFarland team lost by 3 to Canada's best team yesterday and won handily today over one of the Spiece teams today. As I understand it, they are missing a couple of their bigs they had earlier this year but still playing well despite it. I know they played DC Assault (one of the top 16U teams in the nation) tough last weekend.

Several of the Shining Stars 16U teams from Cincy and KY are there. I think the 16U McFarland team lost by 3 to Canada's best team yesterday and won handily today over one of the Spiece teams today. As I understand it, they are missing a couple of their bigs they had earlier this year but still playing well despite it. I know they played DC Assault (one of the top 16U teams in the nation) tough last weekend.

Mcfarland looks like he is going to be coaching at a very high level one day:thumb:

DS won the Adidas 3 stripes classic over the Higher Level out of Louisville 75-62.

Their next event is the Morgantown Jamfest starting next monday.

I heard the Kentucky Gators were 2-0 at the Hoopfest. Any other teams playing at the Hoopfest?

Saw the final two games yesterday at Mid-America. Ferg had 25 points in the SF win over "The Truth" with 7-11 from three point range. Not bad shooting percentage (63.6%). The Faulkner twins were (as normal) all over the court and causing chaos. Phares and Bevins played well and Leonard (Macon) was trying to tear the rim off the backboard and almost succeeded with his 5 monster dunks. Competetion not anywhere near Cincinnati, but the boys got some good workouts in and more conditioning. WARNING: Stay out of the way of some of Leonard's dunks unless you want a broken arm!!! Surgeon General's latest warning says: Trying to block Leonard's dunks could land one in the hospital.

Shining Stars McFarland placed second in their pool and are in the Silver Bracket and will play Shining Stars Tudor at 4:00 today. This will be a good game and should be pretty even, especially because the Shining Stars are missing their bigs.

Hoopstars also are in the Silver Bracket.

Shining Stars McFarland placed second in their pool and are in the Silver Bracket and will play Shining Stars Tudor at 4:00 today. This will be a good game and should be pretty even, especially because the Shining Stars are missing their bigs.

Hoopstars also are in the Silver Bracket.

Who is on the Hoopstars? Haven't heard much about them this season.

How are they doing?

Who is on the Hoopstars? Haven't heard much about them this season.

How are they doing?

Aaron Cosby, Travis Johnston, Darnell Davis are a few. I don't think they have been doing as well as they did last year. They have lost some players.