Dirtiest NBA player of all time?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kermit Washington and his punch, was enough to garner this label for me.

Laimbeer, was a very physical cheap shot guy, who probably deserves the title, for longevity.

I understand what you mean about Washington, but that incident was really an aberration. He didn't really have a bad reputation outside of that incident. (Not that I'm downplaying how bad the punch was.)

Laimbeer wins, hands down. John Starks was a pretty dirty player in his time as well.

Kermit Washington and his punch, was enough to garner this label for me.

Laimbeer, was a very physical cheap shot guy, who probably deserves the title, for longevity.

I understand what you mean about Washington, but that incident was really an aberration. He didn't really have a bad reputation outside of that incident. (Not that I'm downplaying how bad the punch was.)

I'd agree with Jim. I don't think what Kermit did was "dirty" but rather it was unfortunate. When there's a fight going on and you're worried about people coming after you and notice out of the corner of your eye that someone is running at you, you defend yourself. It doesn't matter that you later find out that the guy running at you was simply trying to break it up. Its an instinct and one that cost Kermit more than it did Rudy (and that's saying a lot).

I'd agree with Jim. I don't think what Kermit did was "dirty" but rather it was unfortunate. When there's a fight going on and you're worried about people coming after you and notice out of the corner of your eye that someone is running at you, you defend yourself. It doesn't matter that you later find out that the guy running at you was simply trying to break it up. Its an instinct and one that cost Kermit more than it did Rudy (and that's saying a lot).
Kermit Washington, caved in Rudy T's face and you're saying, it wasn't dirty?

When did an NBA basketball court, turn into a UFC fighting octagon. I do agree, it cost Kermit Washington and in my opinion, rightfully so. He crossed a line, into a violent assault of another player.

When did an NBA basketball court, turn into a UFC fighting octagon. I do agree, it cost Kermit Washington and in my opinion, rightfully so. He crossed a line, into a violent assault of another player.

Correct. Dirty is a cheap shot to the groin, an elbow to the nose, Rodman grabbing Bird on his way to the floor.

When a fight breaks out and you're trying to survive, dirty doesn't come into play anymore.

Dirty moment? Sure. That doesn't make one the dirtiest player ever...

Correct. Dirty is a cheap shot to the groin, an elbow to the nose, Rodman grabbing Bird on his way to the floor.

When a fight breaks out and you're trying to survive, dirty doesn't come into play anymore.

Basketball is not a sport, where an assault needs to happen. The punch was dirty, viscous, intentional and one of the worst I have ever seen.

The question was dirtiest of all-time and thus, he gets my vote.

Dirty moment? Sure. That doesn't make one the dirtiest player ever...
How many dirty moments, does it take to qualify. His act was an assault and just because a guy throws elbows for 10 years, makes him more dirty. Not in my book.