Top Teams 08/09 Part 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw on the KHSAA website Euton and Jackson both were denied waivers and will indeed have to sit out a year.

My top 5 since this are as follows:

1. Holmes

2. GRC

3. Scott CO

4. Elliot Co

5. J'town

My top 10

1. Holmes

2. Scott Co.

3. GRC

4. J-town

5. Elliot Co.

6. Lex. Cath

7. Ballard

8. PRP

9. Hazard

10. Corbin:thumb:

Mainly talking about their game at Lex Catholic but they didn't have Botkin. They beat them there by about 15. I had just heard they beat them again at Central, didn't know the score.
IMO if Catholic would have left Sanford in the game the all of the last 10 minutes Catholic would have won. Just my opinion. But again GRC will be a very good team. It was about a 3 to 5 point game.

Is Kimbro playing for manual or not?

If he plays, then Manual is in the top 3.

Without Kimbro, Manual is top 5. Wiht Kimbro, Manual is top 3. According to Demling of the Courier-Journal, Kimbro is reported to be going back to Manual for his sophomore year. Check out the link:

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/2008/06/derek-smith-shootout-day-one.html

All this talk about summer ball from GRC but no response from them about the beat down they took at J-Town.

Summerball is overrated. Half the time they don't even have all their players.

Do you honestly think J'town would beat them that bad with Zollo, Stenzel, and Hatton?

As of RIGHT NOW, looking at what every team returns, I'd have to say Holmes and GRC look to be the favorites right now with Holmes having the slight advantage with more experience.

All this talk about summer ball from GRC but no response from them about the beat down they took at J-Town.

They played J town without Ryan Williams and Zollo and lost by like 9 if what I was told is correct. That's not too bad. They did get pounded by Franklin Co. but they couldn't miss and GRC had to be gassed with 5 or so games in 2 days.

They played J town without Ryan Williams and Zollo and lost by like 9 if what I was told is correct. That's not too bad. They did get pounded by Franklin Co. but they couldn't miss and GRC had to be gassed with 5 or so games in 2 days.

I would agree with this post. Clark will be a very good team with or without Zollo. I haven't seen him play, but he is a big guy. Clark also has a very physically strong big guy in Rogers.

Do you honestly think J'town would beat them that bad with Zollo, Stenzel, and Hatton?

As of RIGHT NOW, looking at what every team returns, I'd have to say Holmes and GRC look to be the favorites right now with Holmes having the slight advantage with more experience.

I definitely agree summer ball is overrated. You never know who is missing or how tired the other team is. I was just making a point that Franklin County should be taken seriously as a top 10 team. Maybe not top 5, at least not right now, but I do think they should be top 10.

I didn't know anything about GRC vs. J-town. I was talking about FC. GRC and FC were both missing players and FC won big. Now, these teams meet up in the season and I think it will be a very, very good game. IF Franklin does win the deficit will be small.

Preseason I would replace GRC (no disrespect) with Elliott Co.

Preseason I would replace GRC (no disrespect) with Elliott Co.

Can't go wrong with Elliot Co either. Their starting 5 will be as good as any other top 3-5 team in the state. Their only problem will be a lack of depth.

I definitely agree summer ball is overrated. You never know who is missing or how tired the other team is. I was just making a point that Franklin County should be taken seriously as a top 10 team. Maybe not top 5, at least not right now, but I do think they should be top 10.

I didn't know anything about GRC vs. J-town. I was talking about FC. GRC and FC were both missing players and FC won big. Now, these teams meet up in the season and I think it will be a very, very good game. IF Franklin does win the deficit will be small.

I've said this many many times that FC will be a team to watch out for. They will have a big front court and very good guard play. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they won the 11th and ended up in the top 5 before the end of the season.

Can't go wrong with Elliot Co either. Their starting 5 will be as good as any other top 3-5 team in the state. Their only problem will be a lack of depth.

Eta Rho--You hit the nail on the head. DEPTH leaves them no margin for error or foul trouble. Not a problem against most 16th region teams, but a big problem with a GRC, Holmes, or Scott County. After the starting five the talent level drops off the charts. The second five would have trouble winning two or three games against 16th region competition. Would be nice to have a 6th man like Robbie Barber, but Elliott County is not Scott County and those things just don't happen in Sandy Hook. Sandy Hook is not experiencing a lot of growth in the last 50 years. Holding pretty steady at about 700 residents since the Civil War!!!!