Top Teams 08/09 Part 2

With Euton and Jackson being ruled ineligible at SC who takes over the pre season #1 spot if indeed they're appeals are shut down and not only those two but also Shotwell (Also ineligible) and Flannery can't play either?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Co. will still be good, yes, but not what they were. Holmes' upcoming team is looking very good. With Housley, Riley, Pittman and the Johnson brothers, this will be a team to beat. I wouldn't be surprised if they take region for the 3rd straight year and make yet another run at the state title...

Scott Co will still be good.

Just saw on the KHSAA website Euton and Jackson both were denied waivers and will indeed have to sit out a year.

My top 5 since this are as follows:

1. Holmes

2. GRC

3. Scott CO

4. Elliot Co

5. J'town

Just saw on the KHSAA website Euton and Jackson both were denied waivers and will indeed have to sit out a year.

My top 5 since this are as follows:

1. Holmes

2. GRC

3. Scott CO

4. Elliot Co

5. J'town

Keep counting out Manual and Lex Catholic. A C-J post stated that Lex Cath and Manual will both be teams seen in the top 5 preseason rankings.

Keep counting out Manual and Lex Catholic. A C-J post stated that Lex Cath and Manual will both be teams seen in the top 5 preseason rankings.

I'm not counting either of them out. If you look at my posts in the "favorites to win region next year" you'll see that I give Manual their props and say it wouldn't surprise me to see them win the 7th.

As far as Lexcath they will also be really good but I just don't think they'll have enough to win the 11th.

I think LexCath could end up being a top 5 team based on the 2 transfers they have coming in. I do not however, think they will be a top 5 team until later on in the season if they do get there.

I think LexCath could end up being a top 5 team based on the 2 transfers they have coming in. I do not however, think they will be a top 5 team until later on in the season if they do get there.

Who are your top 5 as of right now?

Well I havent really seen the Louisville schools much so its hard for me to comment, but Id say:

Clark Co.

Scott Co

Holmes

Jeffersontown

Dunbar/Elliott Co tied

So you think SC is still a top 5 team with just Guyn and Phares?

And Manning, Ivey, and Ford. I still think its too early to start planning on the transfers not playing though IMO.

All three of those kids are awfully young.

But as far as the transfers go, we'll just have to wait and see.

GRC struggled in Louisville. Dunbar?

I was very impressed with Dunbar's personnel last year. And they return their best players from that team.

GRC would get a big shot in the arm by Zollo.

I am not far off from agreeing with you, but care to explain why LexCath is a top 5 team?