JR. Finally Wins!

racer4life

What did everybody think about him passing the pace car? Illegal? Unethical? Would other drivers been allowed to do this?
The golden child can do whatever he wants, Do you think NASCAR wants to p-off 3/4's of the fans. Jr. can do no wrong.

The golden child can do whatever he wants, Do you think NASCAR wants to p-off 3/4's of the fans. Jr. can do no wrong.

Right you are, Brother! However, no matter how you look at it, he's good for the sport. And if it's good for the sport, it's good for Nascar.

Agreed! Had it been Kyle Busch or Tony S, all heck would be breaking loose about it. Since it is Jr, its hush hush..... Oh well...I feel sorry for JR b/c he is held to such high standards b/c of Dad, however IMO is very overrated.

Agreed! Had it been Kyle Busch or Tony S, all heck would be breaking loose about it. Since it is Jr, its hush hush..... Oh well...I feel sorry for JR b/c he is held to such high standards b/c of Dad, however IMO is very overrated.

:thumb: So very true.

Well, I seen the attendance was down 30,000 from last years 2 races at Michigan. Just what Nascar needed to bring them back. Do whatever it takes to put Little E back in victory lane. It is good for Nascar but makes it more like wrestling when he can get away with anything.

I love laughing at you JR haters and all your crackpot consiracy theories of why he gets more than other people do. Its just down right comical. I have seen races in the past where drivers were trying to save fuel at the end of a race and went on the apron and passed the pace car under caution. The one that comes to mind was the 1999 Firecracker 400 at Daytona when Dale Jarrett gambled on fuel and a late race caution came out. Instead of pitting he stayed out and won the race under caution(OF course that was before the green-white-checkered rule for all you that are new to NASCAR). The same scenerio took place then as yesterday. NASCAR warned DJ about it and from then on he stayed behind the pace car just like JR did. My question is do any of you have any proof of NASCAR ever penalizing anyone for doing that? Cause I cant remember if they ever have. As far as the overrated comment goes there are 40 other drivers out there that wish they were as "Overrated" as JR is. Its time all you JR bashers just break down and admit that the boy can drive and hes proving it week after week.

I love laughing at you JR haters and all your crackpot consiracy theories of why he gets more than other people do. Its just down right comical. I have seen races in the past where drivers were trying to save fuel at the end of a race and went on the apron and passed the pace car under caution. The one that comes to mind was the 1999 Firecracker 400 at Daytona when Dale Jarrett gambled on fuel and a late race caution came out. Instead of pitting he stayed out and won the race under caution(OF course that was before the green-white-checkered rule for all you that are new to NASCAR). The same scenerio took place then as yesterday. NASCAR warned DJ about it and from then on he stayed behind the pace car just like JR did. My question is do any of you have any proof of NASCAR ever penalizing anyone for doing that? Cause I cant remember if they ever have. As far as the overrated comment goes there are 40 other drivers out there that wish they were as "Overrated" as JR is. Its time all you JR bashers just break down and admit that the boy can drive and hes proving it week after week.

I'm with you Mojo...those of us that have been watching NASCAR for longer than Jr has been around know that this has never been a penalty, but a warning instead.

• 2 weeks later...

It is not possible to be overrated in NASCAR. The rankings are based on points earned. That is the only rating system there is. There are no opinions or polls. Right now, Jr. is rated 3rd.....because he has the 3rd most points of all drivers.

I know, just wondered if shoe would have been on other foot?

Another thing I considered was Jr winning for the first time in a couple of years basically. I wonder, if he'd already have won a race or multiple races this year, would NASCAR have been more likely to do something about passing the pace car.

But, since it was his first with Hendrick, and his first in a long time, and a win that pleased a huge fan base...did NASCAR just let it slide?

Who knows?

And, before anyone accuses me of being a hater, Little E is my favorite driver and has been since he started in the Busch series even before he started racing in the Cup Series. However, that doesn't change the obvious fact that NASCAR has proven in the past that they make rules up on the fly and choose to enforce or not enforce them seemingly on a whim. It's absurd the way they do things...