Track the Cubs (Week 12)

That depends on what side of the fence you're straddling. :D

:thumb: I attended all 3 games and the atmosphere was excellent even though half of the people there were Cubs fans. It was fun hearing the same level of cheers no matter what was going on during the games, it made everyone cheer that much louder.

:thumb: I attended all 3 games and the atmosphere was excellent even though half of the people there were Cubs fans. It was fun hearing the same level of cheers no matter what was going on during the games, it made everyone cheer that much louder.

I know the first two games were close and I figured the Cubs would at least get one win before leaving town.

They take a 3-1 lead into the bottom of the 7th and proceed to walk 2, hit 2 and all heck breaks loose from there. Wasn't the final score 482-1? I can't remember, it was a bad inning. :lol:

Great to see Tampa playing well, I just wish they could have taken that series off.

So the Cubs get another impressive win today against the White Sox, Jim Edmonds hits 2 home runs in the 4th inning.

Of course Ozzie had to comment on Jim after the game :lol:

"He just had a good day," Guillen said. "I don't want to promote the guy who's just hitting [.238 and stuff]. He just had a good day. Good for them. I think I'd rather have him out there than [ Alfonso] Soriano.

"Jim is Jim. Jim is not going to scare me," Guillen said. "I will pitch to him another time. He just hit a couple of home runs. Good for him."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubssox/cs-080621-ozzie-guillen-jim-edmonds-cubs-sox,1,5314054.story

"Jim" is batting .305 with four homers in 25 games since joining the Cubs. He is softening the blow of the Soriano loss. And CMFP's little bro had three hits today, which is equal to how many hits CMFP had in his last 10 games coming into today.

"Jim" is batting .305 with four homers in 25 games since joining the Cubs. He is softening the blow of the Soriano loss. And CMFP's little bro had three hits today, which is equal to how many hits CMFP had in his last 10 games coming into today.

It was a no risk pick up and he has already payed huge dividends. Patterson will get plenty of playing time with various guys knicked up, not to mention Soriano's absence.