Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Cubs (Week 12)

Featured Replies

Two out of three in Toronto was a great start to the road trip, hopefully they can keep it up in Tampa.

 

:ylsuper::banana:

untitled.JPG

What is this Hall of Fame game tomorrow? Anyone know anything about that?

What is this Hall of Fame game tomorrow? Anyone know anything about that?

 

Its the last ever HOF game. It's just an exhibition, where the usual starters are only expected to play 1-2 innings. Not sure if they are having several from the Triple A squad come and play or what.

They plan on calling 15 minor leaguers up to play. They are sending Dempster on to Tampa since he pitches Tuesday. This is one of the reasons why they are doing away with the game.

They plan on calling 15 minor leaguers up to play. They are sending Dempster on to Tampa since he pitches Tuesday. This is one of the reasons why they are doing away with the game.

 

Yea I think the game is pretty silly myself

The other thread mentioned the Cubs pursuing Sabathia and some other pitchers. One problem they are going to have is the offers made by the Cardinals, Astros, and Brewers for the same pitchers the Cubs are going after. The Cardinals REALLY need Sabathia more than the Cubs now. I think they will be forced to make a move well ahead of the deadline with Wainwright going down this week.

 

While the Cubs may go after some good pitching, other teams may outbid them for those same pitchers, which would force the Cubs to overbid.

The other thread mentioned the Cubs pursuing Sabathia and some other pitchers. One problem they are going to have is the offers made by the Cardinals, Astros, and Brewers for the same pitchers the Cubs are going after. The Cardinals REALLY need Sabathia more than the Cubs now. I think they will be forced to make a move well ahead of the deadline with Wainwright going down this week.

 

While the Cubs may go after some good pitching, other teams may outbid them for those same pitchers, which would force the Cubs to overbid.

 

Yea but the Cubs are like the Yanks, they print money and can afford to pay more if they need to.

I'm not talking money, I'm talking players and prospects. In the same vein when they overpaid for Juan Pierre when other clubs got interested. Or when they overpaid for Steve Trachsel at the deadline last year. When other teams got interested, the price tag went up

Yea, hopfully they can pull something off without giving away the whole farm, but like I said many times, I'll take another ten years of average teams for 1 World Series. Call it selling your soul to the devil, but they are probably the only team in the MLB that could get away with selling off your prospects for 1 World Series

If the Cubs can tread water over the next several weeks, this Soriano injury might end up being a good thing. Him coming back in August with fresh legs would be a real boost.

If the Cubs can tread water over the next several weeks, this Soriano injury might end up being a good thing. Him coming back in August with fresh legs would be a real boost.

 

They've looked good so far without him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They'll be fine without him. They are better defensively and Reed Johnson is grossly underrated as an everyday outfielder.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They'll be fine without him. They are better defensively and Reed Johnson is grossly underrated as an everyday outfielder.

 

Reed is a MUCH better fielder and he can definately make due as the leadoff man

I am glad that the Hall of Fame Game was cancelled... I could just see someone important getting hurt in a pointless exhibition game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.