Track the Cubs (Week 12)

What is this Hall of Fame game tomorrow? Anyone know anything about that?

Its the last ever HOF game. It's just an exhibition, where the usual starters are only expected to play 1-2 innings. Not sure if they are having several from the Triple A squad come and play or what.

The other thread mentioned the Cubs pursuing Sabathia and some other pitchers. One problem they are going to have is the offers made by the Cardinals, Astros, and Brewers for the same pitchers the Cubs are going after. The Cardinals REALLY need Sabathia more than the Cubs now. I think they will be forced to make a move well ahead of the deadline with Wainwright going down this week.

While the Cubs may go after some good pitching, other teams may outbid them for those same pitchers, which would force the Cubs to overbid.

The other thread mentioned the Cubs pursuing Sabathia and some other pitchers. One problem they are going to have is the offers made by the Cardinals, Astros, and Brewers for the same pitchers the Cubs are going after. The Cardinals REALLY need Sabathia more than the Cubs now. I think they will be forced to make a move well ahead of the deadline with Wainwright going down this week.

While the Cubs may go after some good pitching, other teams may outbid them for those same pitchers, which would force the Cubs to overbid.

Yea but the Cubs are like the Yanks, they print money and can afford to pay more if they need to.

I'm not talking money, I'm talking players and prospects. In the same vein when they overpaid for Juan Pierre when other clubs got interested. Or when they overpaid for Steve Trachsel at the deadline last year. When other teams got interested, the price tag went up

Yea, hopfully they can pull something off without giving away the whole farm, but like I said many times, I'll take another ten years of average teams for 1 World Series. Call it selling your soul to the devil, but they are probably the only team in the MLB that could get away with selling off your prospects for 1 World Series

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They'll be fine without him. They are better defensively and Reed Johnson is grossly underrated as an everyday outfielder.

Reed is a MUCH better fielder and he can definately make due as the leadoff man