Bluegrass Championship 2008 June 21-24

That sounds about right. GRC beat Perry Co. Central by 10 and then lost to North Hardin by 5 without Stenzel playing. If they would have beaten North Hardin they would of played Scott Co. The Semis and Finals are today and should be going on right now.

Which teams are playing?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds about right. GRC beat Perry Co. Central by 10 and then lost to North Hardin by 5 without Stenzel playing. If they would have beaten North Hardin they would of played Scott Co. The Semis and Finals are today and should be going on right now.

Where was Robby?

They said at the tournament that Stenzel hurt his back in a game vs. Western Hills. Clark Co was impressive even without Stenzel. Scott Co beat North Hardin this morning 84-78. I am not sure who won the Madison Central/J-Town game.

Yes I just found out that Robby was hurt. May be out for a few weeks.

Not a big win by Scott Co over North Hardin. Look forward to see who is in the finals.

Scott County over J-town by 5 in OT. This game had tempers flaring. Coach Hicks charged and chested up with Coach Morrow of J-town. Both teams assistants along with referees had to break the two up. A few minutes later, a Scott County player and a J-town player got into it and players from both benches came on to the floor as did fans. This game got out of hand and showed that Scott is very beatable with 3 close games in this tournament aganist Franklin County, North Hardin and J-town.

Scott County over J-town by 5 in OT. This game had tempers flaring. Coach Hicks charged and chested up with Coach Morrow of J-town. Both teams assistants along with referees had to break the two up. A few minutes later, a Scott County player and a J-town player got into it and players from both benches came on to the floor as did fans. This game got out of hand and showed that Scott is very beatable with 3 close games in this tournament aganist Franklin County, North Hardin and J-town.

Which I have said all along.

Thanks for the analysis though.

It also shows that J-town is going to be very good too. The 7th is going to be a beast with J-town's showing here, and Male & Eastern's showing in the DS. Plus I think it is safe to say Ballard will be very good, and with or without Kimbro Manual will be tough, although with him they could be just a slight favorite. What a region!:fight:

It also shows that J-town is going to be very good too. The 7th is going to be a beast with J-town's showing here, and Male & Eastern's showing in the DS. Plus I think it is safe to say Ballard will be very good, and with or without Kimbro Manual will be tough, although with him they could be just a slight favorite. What a region!:fight:

I agree. J'town is loaded this year with Cosby and Co. I like them, along with GRC, Elliot, and Holmes as the top teams in the state.

I agree. J'town is loaded this year with Cosby and Co. I like them, along with GRC, Elliot, and Holmes as the top teams in the state.

Manual, Male, and Eastern can all win over those you listed just as well. I guess we are saying the 7th region is the best region in the state this year.

Manual, Male, and Eastern can all win over those you listed just as well. I guess we are saying the 7th region is the best region in the state this year.

We are not saying that the 7th is the toughest. We are saying it is one of the toughest. Top to bottom the 11th will still be the toughest in my mind with Scott County, Dunbar, Lexington Catholic, Franklin County, Bryan Station as the front runners. Throw in Madison Central, Henry Clay, LCA and an improved Madison Southern team and you have the deepest region in the state. The 11th and 7th will once again be the top regions but the 11th in my mind is the best in the state again!

We are not saying that the 7th is the toughest. We are saying it is one of the toughest. Top to bottom the 11th will still be the toughest in my mind with Scott County, Dunbar, Lexington Catholic, Franklin County, Bryan Station as the front runners. Throw in Madison Central, Henry Clay, LCA and an improved Madison Southern team and you have the deepest region in the state. The 11th and 7th will once again be the top regions but the 11th in my mind is the best in the state again!

The 7th will have JTown, Manual, Male, Ballard, Seneca, Eastern, all who are capable of beating the top team in the 11th. The tide may have turned as to whose on top. We agree that the 7 and 11 are tops, just not on the order.

You must have been watching a different game than I did because not 1 Scott County player left the bench and after the refs talked to the coaches because it was summer ball they would leave all player from J-Town in the game because if they went by the rules J-town could not have finished the game. Here we go again not getting facts straight.:fight:

Analyst, it was definately a wild one and went down as you described. Definately no love loss between these two coaches and their teams.

J Town lead much of the way until Guyan caught fire. He was so hot he started firing heat checks and they kept finding the net. SC got the lead before he cooled off a bit.

It looked to me that J Town started running out of gas and stopped playing defense. Their were too many easy drives to the basket for Sctt Co. in the 4th quarter.

Their were several games played with high intensity in the tournament and great experience gained by many.

The 2007 Bluegrass Championship winner Mason Co. went on to win the KHSAA Sweet 16. Scott County earned the 2008 Bluegrass Championship in overtime against J-Town.

Congratulations to Scott County and best of luck in the upcoming season!!!!!

Edited by FANOFTHE11th

fanofthe11th.

Good recap to an excellent summer tournament.

I will add though that I don't believe I have seen any coach that works the refs as much as Hicks. Having said that though, Scott County is also very good at sealing the deal and making the plays they need to make to win. That is usually a sign of good coaching.