Bluegrass Championship 2008 June 21-24

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any updates on how this tourney is progressing??? Who looks good etc....

DITTO--Someone give us the SF and Final results. I guess some teams were pulling double duty between this and the AAU at the KBA??

What teams and players stood out this weekend??

In Pool D, North Hardin went 3-0, beat Perry County Central (69-41), Madison Central (61-55), and Frankfort (99-38). I saw a few other games at Bell Gymnasium, but not sure of the exact scores.

NHHSTROJANFAN--I saw a Manual fan a few weeks ago and he was raving about some new kid for North Hardin that didn't play last year. Who is this kid and tell us about him. Why didn't he play last year?? He said North Hardin is a very good team and that this new kid can really play. Many of us think Bardstown, Adair County, and Taylor County in the 5th next year. Guess North Hardin has to be thrown right into the mix according to this Manual fan. Manual had played them in a summer tournament in Radcliff earlier in the summer.

Clark County won their pool 3-0, and Henry Clay went 2-1 in whatever pool that was. Clark County has a great looking young team. They are athletic, well coached, smart, and play together as a team. No great stars, but very good teamwork. With Zollo, they will be up there with a chance to compete with Scott County for the championship next year.

Clark County won their pool 3-0, and Henry Clay went 2-1 in whatever pool that was. Clark County has a great looking young team. They are athletic, well coached, smart, and play together as a team. No great stars, but very good teamwork. With Zollo, they will be up there with a chance to compete with Scott County for the championship next year.

Any Mason County results and comments?

NHHSTROJANFAN--I saw a Manual fan a few weeks ago and he was raving about some new kid for North Hardin that didn't play last year. Who is this kid and tell us about him. Why didn't he play last year?? He said North Hardin is a very good team and that this new kid can really play. Many of us think Bardstown, Adair County, and Taylor County in the 5th next year. Guess North Hardin has to be thrown right into the mix according to this Manual fan. Manual had played them in a summer tournament in Radcliff earlier in the summer.

The players name is Greg Johnson (he had some academic difficulties last year). He is about 6'3 and can really finish above the rim. I would say that you have to throw North in the mix in the 5th. They are very long and athletic. They also start 6'6 LaRod King (verballed to UK for football), 6'2 Billy Thompson, who has looked really good in this tourney in Frankfort. Johnson, they have a 6'6 junior in the middle Roosevelt Emerson, who is very strong. They start a sophomore at the point but when he is out, King is the primary ballhandler. I think they will end up being 7-8 deep.

Any Mason County results and comments?

The went 3-0 in their pool. Beat Franklin County 51-48 (made up for 3-point loss to them Monday at Madison Central) and beat Danville and Simon Kenton handily as did Franklin County.

The players name is Greg Johnson (he had some academic difficulties last year). He is about 6'3 and can really finish above the rim. I would say that you have to throw North in the mix in the 5th. They are very long and athletic. They also start 6'6 LaRod King (verballed to UK for football), 6'2 Billy Thompson, who has looked really good in this tourney in Frankfort. Johnson, they have a 6'6 junior in the middle Roosevelt Emerson, who is very strong. They start a sophomore at the point but when he is out, King is the primary ballhandler. I think they will end up being 7-8 deep.

I made the post and yes, Greg is an outstanding player and North Hardin will be a tough tough team to beat next year statewide. Coach Bevars and his staff will have them ready to go and I really believe they will make a ton of noise during the season coming up.

This team has the chemistry to go far. They are all great friends and feed off each other. Looking forward to this season.

Scott Co. is planning on playing their freshman or JV in the pool play and then sending their varsity in for the bracket. This means that somebody is gonna get shafted in the bracket because they could win their pool and wind up playing Scott Co. who will bring in the big dogs for the tourny!

Scott did play in the pool tonight at Franklin Co. High School.