Harang and Volquez ... is one game worth this?

It was only 3 days rest and he had also did his heavy bullpen session the day before his relief stint so he threw Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. If you don't think that had anything to do with his performance you are fooling yourself.

He may not have been as strong for sure, but I don't believe his arm will be falling off anytime soon. But again, the bats seem to take a night off everytime he pitches. Four hits???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only 3 days rest and he had also did his heavy bullpen session the day before his relief stint so he threw Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. If you don't think that had anything to do with his performance you are fooling yourself.

I guess I am fooling myself. High school kids pitch that all the time.

Bray should have started the 11th. Like I said when it happened, Dusty went all in on Fogg closing it out, and that's like going all in on a 5,K off suit. He took a huge risk, and it put his only true ace on the line. I hope it has minimal damage going forward...

If it is the beginning of a slump and injury issues how long is Dusty in town? Maybe those Cubs fans knew more than they were given credit for. Did Dusty think he was coaching game 6 of the NLCS?

Totally agree.

I guess I am fooling myself. High school kids pitch that all the time.

They aren't throwing to Major League hitters, most high school teams don't have 8 big time hitters in their lineup. It was overuse of a pitcher, no matter what the level. These guys have a set routine for a reason, Harang may not be hurt by it long term but it was obvious it was effecting him last night. The worst part is it caused the bullpen to throw over 80 pitches and it can snowball from there. What if Volquez gets shelled early tonight? Do you leave him out there to throw 100+ or do you continue to chew up your bullpen? No one who knows anything about baseball can say that Sunday was handled properly and that it has had no effect on the Reds staff this week.