ACM Awards

sportsfan41

Anyone else watching these right now. I used to work Sundays and haven't got to see these in a few years. I'm loving it, I love Country music and this get's me so excited for the concert season. Can't wait to see tim Mcgraw on Wednesday at riverbend.

I like it so far. Keith Urban is really good.

:thumb: To bad he didn't win any awards though.

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR

Kenny Chesney

TOP MALE VOCALIST

Brad Paisley

TOP FEMALE VOCALIST

Carrie Underwood

TOP VOCAL GROUP

Rascal Flatts

TOP VOCAL DUO

Brooks & Dunn

TOP NEW MALE VOCALIST

Jack Ingram

TOP NEW FEMALE VOCALIST

Taylor Swift

TOP NEW DUO OR VOCAL GROUP

Lady Antebellum

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Miranda Lambert

Produced by Frank Liddell, Mike Wrucke

Columbia

SONG OF THE YEAR

Stay

Writer: Jennifer Nettles

Publishers: Jennifer Nettles Publishing (ASCAP)

SINGLE RECORD OF THE YEAR

Stay

Sugarland

Produced by Kristian Bush, Byron Gallimore, Jennifer Nettles

Mercury

VOCAL EVENT OF THE YEAR

Find Out Who Your Friends Are

Tracy Lawrence featuring Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney

Produced by Julian King, Tracy Lawrence

Rocky Comfort/CO5

VIDEO OF THE YEAR

Brad Paisley

Producer: Mark Kalbfield and Peter Tilden

Director: Jason Alexander

I watched it and must say as a country music lover I was dissapointed in some of the performances. LeeAnn Rimes song was anything but country along with Taylor Swift's. I am fan of "Country" music and just do not like a lot of the new stuff comng out.

I am a huge fan of the song/duet by George Straight and Alan Jackson...."Murder on Music Row".

A lot of tonights show reminded me of that song and it's message.

Long live the music of the Hag, Possum, A.Jackson, Hank.sr., Cash, Waylon, B. Paisley, and all of the others that keep it country. I know that I am leaving some out and there is still a good list of the ones that stick to the more traditional stuff along with the music that will never die of the ones that have passed.

Oh well, the worst Country music show will always beat any other form of musics award shows. At least for the most part anyway the artist do look human. (LOL)

I just don't care for him at all. Kinda think he's fake and a punk.

Urban is one of many that I do not consider country at all. I must say that he is a talented musician and a decent singer, just not my idea of country music.

Well,the first hour was horrendous. I have yet to hear a country and western song.:mad:

:thumb: The rest of it wasn't all that great.

Worst performance was by Taylor Swift!

:thumb: She had competiton for that honor from LeeAnn Rimes as well.

Glad to see Brad Paisley getting love....

As was I, Paisley is very good.

Really wish Paisley would've won entertainer of the year, I think he deserved it more so than Chesney; but he's got the middle vote and the ladies love him.

Chesney also packs more people into stadiums and other places. I like K.C., not my favorite but I do like a lot of his music, just imo needs to lay off some of the beach/tropics stuff :lol:.

Chesney also packs more people into stadiums and other places. I like K.C., not my favorite but I do like a lot of his music, just imo needs to lay off some of the beach/tropics stuff :lol:.

From one of my favorite Corey Smith songs, for those who have never heard it:

"I don't watch CMT. Nah, that stuff makes me sick. And that old Kenny Chesney, man, what a hypocrite. He swears he's country. But Lives in the Caribbean. He sings about the islands now, man what happened to the Tennessean?"

Really wish Paisley would've won entertainer of the year, I think he deserved it more so than Chesney; but he's got the middle vote and the ladies love him.

The ladies especially love him when he is wearing their wardrobe and high heels on Saturday night.:D