12th Region 2008/2009

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard today that the girls coach from Wayne County is high on the list to succeed Coach Thacker.

Everything is just hearsay at this point. Coach Thacker has made no official statement so as of right now he is still coach. It does appear likely that he will leave however there are no candidates for the job right now. No search has begun and no names have been thrown around by the people who will be hiring the coach. Any names that have come up may indeed be people that are interested and will apply but I talked to one of the administrators tonight and no feelers have been put out to any other coach.

I have heard that Coach Thacker is taking the coaching job at Rowan Co. It is unfortunate that he is leaving, but I wish him the best of luck. It should be interesting to see who puts in for the Somerset job. There is a lot of young talent at Somerset!

It will be very interesting what happens in Somerset. I have heard some rumors that some of the young talent may not stick around. I do not know any of those kids or families personally but rumors have one at Wayne County and one at Northern Middle.

Hmm.. this is interesting. I said this when they lost in the tournament last year, and no one believed me and bashed me.

Thacker's time was coming to an end at Somerset. He was a good coach, but could never seem to get it when it mattered most.

I have it on good word that Somerset is planning to hire a big name coach if everything goes according to plan. And it may be from this region.

A major name is being rumored around. Not gonna mention the school but it rhymes with Mayne County. That's 2 schools in Pulaski County this coach's name has been linked to this spring. It's going to be a fun summer watching this situation develop.

Agreed- funny I like the quote own all the keys to the kingdom. I think Somerset has lost a quality person first and foremost- loved the kids and was coaching for the right reasons!

Now for the rumor- cant see wayne county opening up because of a move but I would think Somerset will give it a shot at getting the dean of the 12th region.

Can not see the Dean, wearing Purple and Gold. I look for the Jumpers to take a shot on a younger coach with a more wide open style of play. Who knows how this will play out. I bet the Jumpers get a good coach . They always seem to find a good person for the job.

Can not see the Dean, wearing Purple and Gold. I look for the Jumpers to take a shot on a younger coach with a more wide open style of play. Who knows how this will play out. I bet the Jumpers get a good coach . They always seem to find a good person for the job.

After talking to some people in the administration tonight I don't think the Woods rumor is credible at this point. They haven't contacted anyone at all yet.