12th Region 2008/2009

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a funny rumor. I can not see it happening. Wayne County will be a solid top three team in the 12th next year and if you hold all the keys to the kingdom why throw them away for a new set just across the Lake?

I'm not sure if he will or won't leave, but just having a talented team next year doesn't keep a high school coach like it might a college. Whether he goes or not, I have no idea. However, from things that are going around, the grass isn't as green as it once was in Wayne County.

Spurlin will only go as far as the players around him. Someone will have to be able to handle the ball and take control of the team. Spurlin is only effective with the ball in his hands. Alot of teams will double and make some one else take the big shots. Who other than Spurlin can Lincoln look to?

Spurlin will only go as far as the players around him. Someone will have to be able to handle the ball and take control of the team. Spurlin is only effective with the ball in his hands. Alot of teams will double and make some one else take the big shots. Who other than Spurlin can Lincoln look to?

The "other" point guard from last year, Edgington will do an adequate job running the squad. Gilbert played some big minutes last year, and will only improve his game.

There are a few younger kids, who are unproven, that could step in in play well. This team will not be as bad as many hope/think they will be.

:thumb:

The "other" point guard from last year, Edgington will do an adequate job running the squad. Gilbert played some big minutes last year, and will only improve his game.

There are a few younger kids, who are unproven, that could step in in play well. This team will not be as bad as many hope/think they will be.

:thumb:

I don't think anyone hopes that your team, or any other 12th region team for that matter, will be bad. I think the majority assumption is that they lost a lot of talent and leadership and that a three-peat is highly unlikely.

I don't think anyone hopes that your team, or any other 12th region team for that matter, will be bad. I think the majority assumption is that they lost a lot of talent and leadership and that a three-peat is highly unlikely.

I agree, a three-peat is unlikely. But, just like last year, most people don't give the respect they have earned.

They are the champs until someone knocks them off. Which, will probably be this year. McCreary and Wayne are the front-runners in my opinion.