Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Honoring Past Coaches

Featured Replies

In what way has your school honored their past coaches. I know it has become a trend as of late with many schools to name their gyms, gym floors, etc.. after their top coaches. If you were to honor a coach from your school what would be the best way or better yet who would you honor??

In what way has your school honored their past coaches. I know it has become a trend as of late with many schools to name their gyms, gym floors, etc.. after their top coaches. If you were to honor a coach from your school what would be the best way or better yet who would you honor??

Start a thread about them on BGP!:D

Put a statue on the front lawn of the gym.

At Scott County they just established an Athletic Hall of Fame, they have also named places after coaches.

At Scott County they just established an Athletic Hall of Fame, they have also named places after coaches.

Raceland as well has a Raceland Basketball Hall of Fame. An area of the Palace is dedicated to trophies and a plaque with all of the inductees name on it. Pretty nice.

There was a rumor once that the Greenhouse was going to be re-named in honor of coach Ward. The new name: Runt Arena.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's just a joke. I got along with coach Ward quite well back in the day.

In Lewis County they had a really nice ceremony last year honoring Coach Gary Kidwell. They should name the gym or at least the court after him soon for all that he has done for the athletic program at LC.

In Lewis County they had a really nice ceremony last year honoring Coach Gary Kidwell. They should name the gym or at least the court after him soon for all that he has done for the athletic program at LC.

 

100% agree with you. Gary Kidwell has been tremendous and a loyal figure in the Lewis County schools.

In our district any thing that is named must be approved by the school board, nice policy! Another issue at hand was there was no policy for jersey retirement so pretty much everyone was getting their jersey retired and it was becoming insignificant.....that has now changed.

Now that the school has been consolidated I do not know how but I definetly think that Tollesboro High School coach Alan Bane needs to be recognized in some way for his time as coach there as well as the things he done off the court in the classroom. He is a wonderful man with a great personality and I do know from talking to his former players and students he expected a lot out of them and was the best coach possible. We love you Al. You are great!!

Bane and Kidwell both deserve the accolades. They had some intense battles in their coaching days at Tollesboro and Lewis County. The two still remain good friends in their retirement years.

I think Lewis County will do something for Coach Bane in the future.

Now that the school has been consolidated I do not know how but I definetly think that Tollesboro High School coach Alan Bane needs to be recognized in some way for his time as coach there as well as the things he done off the court in the classroom. He is a wonderful man with a great personality and I do know from talking to his former players and students he expected a lot out of them and was the best coach possible. We love you Al. You are great!!

 

:thumb: I couldn't agree more, Al was a great coach and is even a better person. I hope Lewis County recognizes his achievements soon.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.