Kobe as MVP!

Do you think Kobe deserved MVP honors?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Kobe deserved MVP honors?

• Yes
    • No

Do you agree that Kobe deserved the MVP Award? I have been shouting MVP all season for this guy but many people disagreed supporting LeBron, Paul, McGrady Garnett, etc...Just curious about everyones thoughts/opinions now that it's offical.

Do you agree that Kobe deserved the MVP Award? I have been shouting MVP all season for this guy but many people disagreed supporting LeBron, Paul, McGrady Garnett, etc...Just curious about everyones thoughts/opinions now that it's offical.

Who ever said McGrady?

Kobe was well deserving of this award. Probably the most unselfish season he's ever had. He has taken a bunch of average players (outside of Gasol and Bynum) and turned them in to really good players.

He has elevated Lamar Odom's game the way Jordan elevated Pippen's.

If Kobe and the Lakers win the NBA title, I think there's no question about whether or not he deserved it.

Kobe was well deserving of this award. Probably the most unselfish season he's ever had. He has taken a bunch of average players (outside of Gasol and Bynum) and turned them in to really good players.

He has elevated Lamar Odom's game the way Jordan elevated Pippen's.

If Kobe and the Lakers win the NBA title, I think there's no question about whether or not he deserved it.

You also have to consider that Kobe didn't have Gasol for much of the year and the Lakers have been on top or near the top of the western conference all year.

Personally, I think Kobe and Chris Paul both deserved the award. I would have been fine with either guy getting that award...or a co-MVP.

There are other guys who are worthy of some mention...like McGrady, KG and Lebron, IMO...but for this season, Kobe and Chris Paul were the two main contenders. When you look at MVP, there are always a few guys who are deserving of the award by definition. Seriously, is there a guy in the NBA who is more valuable to his team than Lebron James, Kobe Bryant or Chris Paul? I don't think. There are several players who if you took them off their team, it would completely destroy them...imagine the Cavs, Lakers or Hornets without their superstars.

The question asks did he deserve the award. I don't see how you could answer anything but yes. Had the question asked, would you have voted for him...maybe it's different. Kobe and Paul were both deserving of the MVP.

I dont know of anyone that would ever mention McGrady for MVP this year.

I guess I was referring to the long winning streak that he pulled his team through without the help of Yao. There may have been a little talk about him as a possible candidate early on simply because of that. But yes, your right, he was never mentioned again as the season wore on.

You also have to consider that Kobe didn't have Gasol for much of the year and the Lakers have been on top or near the top of the western conference all year.

Personally, I think Kobe and Chris Paul both deserved the award. I would have been fine with either guy getting that award...or a co-MVP.

There are other guys who are worthy of some mention...like McGrady, KG and Lebron, IMO...but for this season, Kobe and Chris Paul were the two main contenders. When you look at MVP, there are always a few guys who are deserving of the award by definition. Seriously, is there a guy in the NBA who is more valuable to his team than Lebron James, Kobe Bryant or Chris Paul? I don't think. There are several players who if you took them off their team, it would completely destroy them...imagine the Cavs, Lakers or Hornets without their superstars.

The question asks did he deserve the award. I don't see how you could answer anything but yes. Had the question asked, would you have voted for him...maybe it's different. Kobe and Paul were both deserving of the MVP.

T-Mac is not worthy of mention. I have no idea where this stuff is coming from.

Kobe probably earned it this year, but I cant help but think it was a "lifetime achievement" award of some sort. Many other years Paul or LeBron win this award. Some may have felt it was just time for Kobe to win it.