Bill Maher is a bigot and like Don Imus he should be fired

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the video was the exact same.

Wait, you are saying that even the video's are the same, since the author of the article gave commentary, it is biased? At least he gave a video link, instead of misappropriating what Maher said. And FWIW, I didn't read the commentary.

I'm not talking about the video ... I'm referring to the accompanying commentary.

First of all, he probably didn't use the YouTube video because the one from Newsbusters is edited to remove profane content. Secondly, the comments on the YouTube video aren't any better.

Instead of a link to a conservative "news service" that tells you about Maher's comments while ignoring their somewhat tongue-in-cheek nature, how about a link to the actual comments themselves, without the accompanying commentary?

Maher on Catholic Church

How about watching the video clip that was on the link and seeing then in all their glory?

If I in a tongue in cheek manor say Muslims are baby killers does that excuse it?

How about watching the video clip that was on the link and seeing then in all their glory?

If I in a tongue in cheek manor say Muslims are baby killers does that excuse it?

I saw the clip ... heck, I saw the show before I saw the clip.

Like it or not, the Catholic Church has a real problem with perception with the way it handled things ... I don't hold the entire religion responsible, but the ones in charge have to shoulder some of the blame.

Would firing him really do any good. You are aware that Don Imus is again on the radio just 8 months after his comments. He can be heard morning drive on WABC in New York.

For the record, I don't think Imus nor Maher should be (or have been) fired.

The whole reason for stating that he should be fired like Imus was to point out the double standard that exists. Imus says three words and is hounded off the air for a time. Maher makes a profane tirade and people make excuses for him.

And FWIW I did consider posting a link to the YouTube video but I didn't because the profanity wasn't edited. Also note that the very first sentence of my original post said that it came from a conservative site. I looked for one from CNN or MSNBC but found none.

I saw the clip ... heck, I saw the show before I saw the clip.

Like it or not, the Catholic Church has a real problem with perception with the way it handled things ... I don't hold the entire religion responsible, but the ones in charge have to shoulder some of the blame.

So that gives Maher license to condemn the entire religion?

How long is this allowable?

If I started a blog condemming all Southern Baptists as slave holding sympathisers would that be acceptable? After all the Southern Baptists did defend slavery.

If I started a blog condemming all Southern Baptists as slave holding sympathiser would that be acceptable? After all the Southern Baptists did defend slavery.

I never knew that until I read about it here on BGP. Often.