Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 George Rogers Clark

Featured Replies

You have a good point about the GRC coach being poor at clock management. I remember when they played Montgomery in the playoffs in '06 and all they needed to do was do a couple running plays and the game would be over. The coach for seem reason decided to go all Les Miles and actually throw the ball. It stopped the clock and actually allowed Montgomery to get one final possession and actually have a hail mary at the end zone. While GRC won the game it was one of the dumbest coaching moves I have ever seen.

 

 

Oh, Wow!! Yeah I remember that!!! EVERYone there watching seemed to at the same time, turn to the person beside them and say what in the world was that about???

  • Replies 84
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the opposing teams post that your coach didn't exactly seem to understand the strategy part of football it is not just a few fans that are complaining! ( see last season vs. Danville!) Columbia is a fine person but has shown over and over he struggles in the head coach role. His in game play calling and motivational skills are not what they should be. He has a very poor ability to manage the clock in close games. I have sat on the sidelines for his entire tenure as head coach and believe he needs to be replaced not because I dislike him but what I have seen is he is just not head coach material. Clark County has plenty of talent and a very good feeder system so IMHO it is ripe for a change in command.

 

I don't think I would listen to the opinions of rival fans. I hope for coach Columbia sake you are still not on the sidelines for the game on Saturday. I would say Coach Columbia trusts you and others like you that are in his sidelines. :cry: I think this is a glimpse of what me going on at GRC. Coaches need 100% support from schools/community.

 

Well said Thundering Ox!!!:thumb: I had the privilege of attending the Danville game last season. If my memory serves me correctly GRC turned the ball over in the red zone 1 or 2 times (one of the turnovers occurred on the goal line?) and they also had a failed 2 point conversion. Can the turnovers be blamed on the coaches? After the game I believe the Danville coaches felt like they were lucky to escape with a win. I've already commented on the talent pool and feeder system of Clark County in a previous post. The coaches and athletes at GRC NEED and DESERVE support from their fans. Good luck to the student athletes at GRC!! :ylsuper:

Well said Thundering Ox!!!:thumb: I had the privilege of attending the Danville game last season. If my memory serves me correctly GRC turned the ball over in the red zone 1 or 2 times (one of the turnovers occurred on the goal line?) and they also had a failed 2 point conversion. Can the turnovers be blamed on the coaches? After the game I believe the Danville coaches felt like they were lucky to escape with a win. I've already commented on the talent pool and feeder system of Clark County in a previous post. The coaches and athletes at GRC NEED and DESERVE support from their fans. Good luck to the student athletes at GRC!! :ylsuper:

 

:thumb::thumb:

Well said Thundering Ox!!!:thumb: I had the privilege of attending the Danville game last season. If my memory serves me correctly GRC turned the ball over in the red zone 1 or 2 times (one of the turnovers occurred on the goal line?) and they also had a failed 2 point conversion. Can the turnovers be blamed on the coaches? After the game I believe the Danville coaches felt like they were lucky to escape with a win. I've already commented on the talent pool and feeder system of Clark County in a previous post. The coaches and athletes at GRC NEED and DESERVE support from their fans. Good luck to the student athletes at GRC!! :ylsuper:

Agreed, no matter how much you may not like the coaching, by not supporting them the fans are only aiding the down fall of a good program

I do agree, Robert Hatton is just a solid mentally prepared player in any sport he plays in.

Robbie Stenzel, on the other hand is older than most kids he played with so I don't think it's fair to include him. His family held him back, not for academics, but for basketball. He never had any intentions of joining the football program, whether they were winning OR losing.

The Cowboys... a team who always "somehow" ends up stacked each year. Just look at a couple of years ago, they added a 3rd coach at the very last minute just so his son would go on the cowboys. How sad!! Don't get upset anyone because I speak on it...the whole town is anyway. Kinda of like how the award at the GRC banquet usually goes to a past "Cowboys" player.

The chances are better of finding more talent if you are the school that has the most kids, but those kids still have to be coached. Clark Middle has gone undefeated, but props to Conkwright as well because they only ususally lose 1 game a season...but wasn't the season changed a few years back making it to where they play easier teams now. I'm not certain on this "rumor" which is why I'm asking.

But maybe this favortism, making a weaker schedule, and all the other political things that goes into our football here in Clark Co is catching up to us at the High School level, when we DO have to play other good teams.

Win or lose...I still support all the kids and coaches who go out there and bust their butt day in and day out.

I prefer the wins tho!! LOL

 

Stenzel was never older than the boys he played with or against in any sport!

Edited by d-dawg

The bottom line in coaching is wins and losses and Columbia has a 50-52 record. If a coach cannot win more games than he loses he is not doing his job effectively. 100 games, you cannot blame half of them on the players or lack of fan support. No college or pro team would say this is a successful record and they would not tolerate a record like this very long. Any man should be willing to admit he needs help and ask for it, or move on!

Stenzel was never older than the boys he played with or against in any sport!

 

Hmmmm, you must think he got held back for ACADEMICS!! But didn't he have the honor roll at Conkwright, got held back, transferred to Clark Middle and repeated the same grade there.

 

Stenzel does have skills!! But I tip my hat to Robert Hatton because he has skills AND is shining while playing with HIS class.

 

Although I do cheer for them both in the stands, I AM glad that the state now regulates these things closer and being held back has to be the choice of the schools not just the parents.

The bottom line in coaching is wins and losses and Columbia has a 50-52 record. If a coach cannot win more games than he loses he is not doing his job effectively. 100 games, you cannot blame half of them on the players or lack of fan support. No college or pro team would say this is a successful record and they would not tolerate a record like this very long. Any man should be willing to admit he needs help and ask for it, or move on!

 

Could funding be a reason why PC has to go at it alone and is not bringing in an Off Cord? Just curious...

Hmmmm, you must think he got held back for ACADEMICS!! But didn't he have the honor roll at Conkwright, got held back, transferred to Clark Middle and repeated the same grade there.

 

Stenzel does have skills!! But I tip my hat to Robert Hatton because he has skills AND is shining while playing with HIS class.

 

Although I do cheer for them both in the stands, I AM glad that the state now regulates these things closer and being held back has to be the choice of the schools not just the parents.

 

The comment was that he was playing with boys younger than he was and that has never been the case. (Rule number 6) Who and how many really care why he was held back, only a few.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.