Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doctor: Ohio's Lethal Injection Inhumane

Featured Replies

An anesthesiologist testified Monday that Ohio's lethal injection procedure isn't appropriate for dogs or cats, let alone humans.

 

Dr. Mark Heath's testimony on behalf of two murder defendants came in a Lorain County hearing on the constitutionality of state's method for putting prisoners to death.

 

Heath, an assistant professor of anesthesiology at Columbia University, says it's possible to perform lethal injection of prisoners in a humane manner, but that Ohio's method falls below the standard for euthanizing household pets.

 

Under cross-examination, Heath testified that he is personally opposed to the death penalty in whatever form it's carried out. Heath, who has testified about lethal injection in 11 states, also said he has not found an acceptable method for lethal injection of humans in any state.

 

http://kevxml.windstream.net/_1_HNJTO10N5OLCE__wind.main/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D8VTABNG0&qcat=USNews&ran=19688&feed=ap&top=1

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An anesthesiologist testified Monday that Ohio's lethal injection procedure isn't appropriate for dogs or cats, let alone humans.

 

Dr. Mark Heath's testimony on behalf of two murder defendants came in a Lorain County hearing on the constitutionality of state's method for putting prisoners to death.

 

Heath, an assistant professor of anesthesiology at Columbia University, says it's possible to perform lethal injection of prisoners in a humane manner, but that Ohio's method falls below the standard for euthanizing household pets.

 

Under cross-examination, Heath testified that he is personally opposed to the death penalty in whatever form it's carried out. Heath, who has testified about lethal injection in 11 states, also said he has not found an acceptable method for lethal injection of humans in any state.

 

http://kevxml.windstream.net/_1_HNJTO10N5OLCE__wind.main/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D8VTABNG0&qcat=USNews&ran=19688&feed=ap&top=1

:thumb::thumb: I have always found (actually, not true, just recently started believing) the death penalty, unnecessary. And I do believe that lethal injection is inhumane.

Im all for the death penalty. As Ron White once put it: If you kill someone, we will kill you back.

Im all for the death penalty. As Ron White once put it: If you kill someone, we will kill you back.

:rolleyes: I hope you are joking.

:rolleyes: I hope you are joking.

 

Not this early in the morning. Seriously though, I'd rather them be off'd then sit in prison and continue to use up my tax dollars.

Not this early in the morning. Seriously though, I'd rather them be off'd then sit in prison and continue to use up my tax dollars.

That is what I believed, but I started hearing that the death penalty is more expensive, because of costs of attorney, appeals, etc.

 

Aside from my moral obligations (you can't Pro-Life and pro-death penalty IMO), here are some other reasons (a few are biased and overlap, but still, just more reason for me to be against it):

 

http://www.nyadp.org/main/faq

http://www.topix.net/content/trb/2008/03/death-penalty-costs-md-more-than-life-term

http://barbarasblogspot.blogspot.com/2007/09/death-penalty-not-cheaper-than-life-in.html

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-murderersalive.htm

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=108&scid=7

http://crawfordstake.blogspot.com/2006/08/death-penalty-myth-1-its-cheaper-than.html

I'm pro death penalty as long as the crime calls for it. Sorry to be so bleak, but some people deserve to die. Plain and simple.

I'm pro death penalty as long as the crime calls for it. Sorry to be so bleak, but some people deserve to die. Plain and simple.

 

Ditto, I should have worded my account as such.

I'm pro death penalty as long as the crime calls for it. Sorry to be so bleak, but some people deserve to die. Plain and simple.

 

double post.

Side note. Someone against the death penalty please tell me why Timothy McVay should be alive...

I guess it's a matter of personal preferrence, but to me life without parole would be far, far worse than the death penalty.

I guess it's a matter of personal preferrence, but to me life without parole would be far, far worse than the death penalty.

 

I agree.

I'm against the death penalty, but would this doctor prefer we go back to firing squads, hangings and electrocutions? Or is he a drawn and quartered guy?

The article mentions that the reason lethal injection is inhumane is because the doctor may not inject enough anesthesia before injecting the lethal drugs. Ummm...just thinking out loud here, but what harm is there in administering double the normal amount of anesthesia just in case? If the anesthesia doesn't kill them, the lethal drugs will. And really, isn't that the intent? Are we really so cheap that we have to skimp on the anesthesia?

 

BTW, I am Pro-Life across the board, including when it comes to the death penalty.

My main problem with the death penalty is that it is not a deterrant and is usually doled out to minorities more than whites. Our whole prison system is messed up for that matter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.