Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best player at...

Featured Replies

Name the best player that ever played at:

Greenup Co.

Raceland

Russell

Boyd Co.

Ashland

Fairview

Rose Hill

East Carter

West Carter

Lawrence Co.

Paintsville

Johnson Central

Sheldon Clark

 

What made these players the best at their respective schools?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC- Don Gullett (played at Mckell High before there was GCHS, but I would still consider him best from GC.)

  • Author
Name the best player that ever played at:

Greenup Co.

Raceland

Russell

Boyd Co.

Ashland

Fairview

Rose Hill

East Carter

West Carter

Lawrence Co.

Paintsville

Johnson Central

Sheldon Clark

 

What made these players the best at their respective schools?

 

Greenup Co.-Mr. Baseball, Aaron McGlone (easy choice)

Raceland-either Ryan McKenzie or Thomas Tolliver, both great high school baseball players

Russell-Chris Hughes

Boyd Co.-Caleb Stewart

Ashland-Juan Thomas

Fairview-Eddie Dixon

Rose Hill-Gary Crites

East Carter-Art Daugherty or Gary Spillman

West Carter-Shay Berry

Lawrence Co.-Dave Wheeler or Steven Blevins

Paintsville-Tucker Howard

Johnson Central-Alex Ward

Sheldon Clark-Brad Tiller

Greenup Co.-Mr. Baseball, Aaron McGlone (easy choice)

Raceland-either Ryan McKenzie or Thomas Tolliver, both great high school baseball players

Russell-Chris Hughes

Boyd Co.-Caleb Stewart

Ashland-Juan Thomas

Fairview-Eddie Dixon

Rose Hill-Gary Crites

East Carter-Art Daugherty or Gary Spillman

West Carter-Shay Berry

Lawrence Co.-Dave Wheeler or Steven Blevins

Paintsville-Tucker Howard

Johnson Central-Alex Ward

Sheldon Clark-Brad Tiller

Ever heard of Brandon Webb or Don Gullett

  • Author

Obviously I have heard of both, but neither were as accomplished as high school players and that it was I intended the thread to be...who was the best high school players from each school. My dad said he used to go Gullett's games to HEAR (the pop of the mitt) him pitch. Pete Rose once said that Don Gullett could throw a baseball through a car wash and not get it wet. Pretty impressive coming from the best hitter ever. As far as Brandon goes, HE IS THE BEST PLAYER EVER FROM EASTERN KENTUCKY AFTER HIGH SCHOOL.

Wasn't Juan Thomas the Gatorade Played of the Year for the state of KY in 1990? If so, then I think he obviously had the better high school career of the the three from Ashland.

Name the best player that ever played at:

Greenup Co.: Brad Stoltz, Arron McGlone, Reeders

Raceland: Brian Fletcher

Russell: Joe McGrane

Boyd Co.: Lewis Burke, Dave Kazee, Todd Adkins

Ashland: Jaun Thomas, Donnie Payne, Brandon Webb

Fairview: Dixon

Rose Hill:

East Carter: Spillman, Adams

West Carter: Shay Berry

Lawrence Co.: Spencer Harris, Dave Wheeler, Steve Blevins, Chan Sheppard

Paintsville: Tucker Howard, Pnut LeMaster, Morgan Cyrus (Lawrence Co too)

Johnson Central: The ace last year is as good as I've seen from there.

Sheldon Clark: Brad Tiller (transferred to Paintsville), Jess Watts

 

What made these players the best at their respective schools?

 

Lawrence,Boyd,Ashland and Paintsville have produced a lot of big time talent IMO. I tried to base it on guys I saw play for the most part that were the best.

It seems hard to name the best player ever at every school, but I will name the best player(s) I played against/with.

 

Greenup Co. - Aaron McGlone / Brad Stultz

Raceland - Brian Fletcher / Matt Bostic

Russell - Kelly Gipson

Boyd Co. - David Kazee

Ashland - Juan Thomas

Fairview - Eddie Dixon

Rose Hill - David Greene

East Carter - They had a kid that set the state record for stolen bases several years ago, but I don't remember his name

West Carter - Shay Berry

Lawrence Co. - Shawn Hill (I remember him because he ran me over @ home plate in the 16th Region Title game in '91 and I still have cobwebs from that collison!)

Paintsville - Tucker Howard

Johnson Central - don't remember

Sheldon Clark - no idea

 

What made these players the best at their respective schools?

Willie Blair played at Johnson Central.

 

12 years in the bigs with various teams. Great high school player.

 

Alex Ward isn't a bad choice. Outstanding career at Pikeville College and was inducted into the Pikeville College Hall of Fame this year.

Jack Calhoun was a great player for East Carter.

Juan Thomas was a man child. Unbelievable high school player.

Anybody remember Drew Hall? he produced a pretty great High School career too.

Juan Thomas was a man child. Unbelievable high school player.

 

Juan was the best I ever played against in high school.

These lists bring back a lot of old memories, anybody know what Flecher from Raceland is into these days, ran into him about 7 years ago in Northern Kentucky.

Juan was the best I ever played against in high school.

These lists bring back a lot of old memories, anybody know what Flecher from Raceland is into these days, ran into him about 7 years ago in Northern Kentucky.

Last time I spoke to Brian, he was working construction of some kind, on the road.

  • Author

Fletch was a great pitcher and a good high school hitter. I believe he went to Northern Ky. and transferred to Lees Jr. College.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.