Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Basketball 2007/08

Featured Replies

That's fine if you feel that way. I don't feel like Tubby would have gotten them there and we wouldn't have had Patterson. I feel like the Cats played over their heads and reached their potential this year. I also feel like Billy G walked into a pretty average Cats team at best. He did a solid job getting everything out of them IMO.

 

First of all what makes you think this team wouldn't have had Patterson. It looked like both he and Lucas actually were leaning towards UK, when Tubby left. So good chance he would have been here.

 

Also with Tubby, we do not what injuries would have taken place. Since they have different types of practices and stuff. So might not have had the injury problems, and would not have had the whole learning a new coaches system to start the year. So probably don't have losses to people like Gardner Webb, etc. It was losses like that, that had us on the bubble, and probably wouldn't have happened under Tubby. So I think it is pretty safe to say, that this team would have still been a tournament team under Tubby...Also if Tubby was still here, we don't know what Morris would have done. It was once Tubby left, that Morris decided like the next day to leave. I not saying he would have came back, but would have been better chance if Tubby was still here.

 

Billy G walked into a situation where if everyone healthy, he had a pretty darn talented team. They wouldn't be great, but would be pretty good...That is where I do give Billy G credit though because he had a lot to overcome with the injuries and did A GREAT job dealing with it. So I not putting Billy G down at all, I love him. However Tubby did not leave a terrible team like some of you all have tried to say.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm proud of this team they could have quite along time ago. I wish the best for both the seniors. I will remember this year more than many others because of everything that happened.

Got to love the ol blame Tubby excuse...:lol:

 

:thumb:

The 2007/2008 'Cats were a mediocre team in a mediocre conference. This is the first year that I have ever picked Kentucky to lose in the first round of an office NCAA tournament pool. If BCG hangs around a few years, he will get the program back to where it was before he arrived.

They have a good recruiting class coming in. Darius Miller, Kevin Galloway, and DeAndre Liggins (who is up in the air with his eligibiliy achedemically.) They have Stevenson who improved a lot the end of the year, Jasper who will be more effective defensively and offensively with his knee fully healed and who improved his shooting a lot, Meeks coming back and he will be a force like he was supposed to be this year before his injury, Harris who improved a lot this year, Patterson who is just going to be even better and that is almost scary. Porter will add some minutes, as will Stewart.

 

Next year will be better because there will be no transition period during the season on trying to learn the system. I see 20-25 wins and about a 5-8 seed in the NCAA tournament.

They have a good recruiting class coming in. Darius Miller, Kevin Galloway, and DeAndre Liggins (who is up in the air with his eligibiliy achedemically.) They have Stevenson who improved a lot the end of the year, Jasper who will be more effective defensively and offensively with his knee fully healed and who improved his shooting a lot, Meeks coming back and he will be a force like he was supposed to be this year before his injury, Harris who improved a lot this year, Patterson who is just going to be even better and that is almost scary. Porter will add some minutes, as will Stewart.

 

Next year will be better because there will be no transition period during the season on trying to learn the system. I see 20-25 wins and about a 5-8 seed in the NCAA tournament.

 

I would agree.

You serious? :lol:

 

I must say I had a typo in my first one and put Stevenson twice in the players that would be here. .

 

I thought that you just really liked Stevenson. :D (BLAZING SADDLES REFERENCE

Besides losing seniors Crawford and Bradley who else do we see leaving this years team whether it be by transfer or BCG releasing them?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.