March 20, 200818 yr I'm gonna go a head and give my two cents, this will be short and sweet. Coach has done a fantastic job with the hand he was dealt. Probably only a handful of Coache's could of got this Team to the NCAA tournament. His Team played very hard, and I believe he got the most out of everyone of them. The thing that he didn't have time to teach, was basketball I.Q. Hopefully that will be something "his" recruits will have. Really like the way that Stevenson improved over the year, should be a very key player next year. Crawford and Bradley finally showed up this year. Crawford I can see getting a good look at the next level. Bradley, I admire his heart and detemination, but his bb IQ isn't good. Good luck to both!! I could go on and on about players being hurt, but like Coach says, your playing big time BB, no excuses.
March 20, 200818 yr I'm gonna go a head and give my two cents, this will be short and sweet. Coach has done a fantastic job with the hand he was dealt. Probably only a handful of Coache's could of got this Team to the NCAA tournament. His Team played very hard, and I believe he got the most out of everyone of them. The thing that he didn't have time to teach, was basketball I.Q. Hopefully that will be something "his" recruits will have. Really like the way that Stevenson improved over the year, should be a very key player next year. Crawford and Bradley finally showed up this year. Crawford I can see getting a good look at the next level. Bradley, I admire his heart and detemination, but his bb IQ isn't good. Good luck to both!! I could go on and on about players being hurt, but like Coach says, your playing big time BB, no excuses. I hope all their seasons turn out just like this...
March 20, 200818 yr Author I hope all their seasons turn out just like this... If that's what you hope for, then your going to more dissapointed than not.:thumb:
March 20, 200818 yr If that's what you hope for, then your going to more dissapointed than not.:thumb: maybe...
March 20, 200818 yr It's pretty much what I expected. Tubby left BCG with a pretty bad team. Two Sr's that are decent and no JR's. It was painful to watch early but I thought they played their guts out down the stretch. Any team that loses their best player is in trouble and KY is no different. I am proud of how hard they played down the stretch and I believe in BCG. The recruites are finally coming in and great players make great coaches! I love KY just as much as I did going into the season and I'm looking forward on our rise back to the top. I didn't know if we would even make the tourny this year so I'm OK with where they finished. I wish they would have pushed the ball up the floor late but it was good to see Crawford shine in his last game and Bradley hit the big 3 late. Tough year but it's happens to the best of the best. I really feel like the tide is about to turn and we are about to get back to the top. I don't think it will be next year but the next couple of years after that will be "His" players and I think it's going to be fun! Go Cats!
March 20, 200818 yr Well said baseballguy and stick1, we will never know how good this team could of been as far as injurys. Meeks and Patterson would of really helped today but Crawford and Bradley really brought a toughness to the table and leadership.
March 20, 200818 yr I'm gonna go a head and give my two cents, this will be short and sweet. Coach has done a fantastic job with the hand he was dealt. Probably only a handful of Coache's could of got this Team to the NCAA tournament. His Team played very hard, and I believe he got the most out of everyone of them. The thing that he didn't have time to teach, was basketball I.Q. Hopefully that will be something "his" recruits will have. Really like the way that Stevenson improved over the year, should be a very key player next year. Crawford and Bradley finally showed up this year. Crawford I can see getting a good look at the next level. Bradley, I admire his heart and detemination, but his bb IQ isn't good. Good luck to both!! I could go on and on about players being hurt, but like Coach says, your playing big time BB, no excuses. Well said baseballguy, all these haters can say what they want, but I think BG has done a great job with what he had, and at the end of the year without their inside man. If people really think it's going to be this bad every year, then they need to put their HATERaid down, and come back into reality. Yeah I dis like teams, but some people on here get a little carried away with the hatred toward UK. If you don't follow UK, and just go by what you here on the TV, then you might not realize how much this team has over-achieved. Great year by the Cats and if everyone cames back this team will be very tough. Good luck to Joe and Ramel.
March 20, 200818 yr It's pretty much what I expected. Tubby left BCG with a pretty bad team. Two Sr's that are decent and no JR's. It was painful to watch early but I thought they played their guts out down the stretch. Any team that loses their best player is in trouble and KY is no different. I am proud of how hard they played down the stretch and I believe in BCG. The recruites are finally coming in and great players make great coaches! I love KY just as much as I did going into the season and I'm looking forward on our rise back to the top. I didn't know if we would even make the tourny this year so I'm OK with where they finished. I wish they would have pushed the ball up the floor late but it was good to see Crawford shine in his last game and Bradley hit the big 3 late. Tough year but it's happens to the best of the best. I really feel like the tide is about to turn and we are about to get back to the top. I don't think it will be next year but the next couple of years after that will be "His" players and I think it's going to be fun! Go Cats! That would be wrong, Tubby did not leave Billy G with a bad team. He left Billy G with a tournament team. If there was no injuries at all, Tubby would have left a pretty darn good team. They wouldn't have been great, but would be good if they were healthy are year. The whole Tubby leaving a bad team is wrong. But other than that, I agree with mostly everything else you said. :thumb:
March 20, 200818 yr Author Well said baseballguy, all these haters can say what they want, but I think BG has done a great job with what he had, and at the end of the year without their inside man. If people really think it's going to be this bad every year, then they need to put their HATERaid down, and come back into reality. Yeah I dis like teams, but some people on here get a little carried away with the hatred toward UK. If you don't follow UK, and just go by what you here on the TV, then you might not realize how much this team has over-achieved. Great year by the Cats and if everyone cames back this team will be very tough. Good luck to Joe and Ramel. The future is bright!!:thumb: Hey, at least UK has a Coach, and players are leavin like trees.:jump:
March 20, 200818 yr That would be wrong, Tubby did not leave Billy G with a bad team. He left Billy G with a tournament team. If there was no injuries at all, Tubby would have left a pretty darn good team. They wouldn't have been great, but would be good if they were healthy are year. The whole Tubby leaving a bad team is wrong. But other than that, I agree with mostly everything else you said. :thumb: Got to love the ol blame Tubby excuse...:lol:
March 20, 200818 yr That would be wrong, Tubby did not leave Billy G with a bad team. He left Billy G with a tournament team. If there was no injuries at all, Tubby would have left a pretty darn good team. They wouldn't have been great, but would be good if they were healthy are year. The whole Tubby leaving a bad team is wrong. But other than that, I agree with mostly everything else you said. :thumb: Actually you are wrong, Tubby did not leave him with PP, Billy G went out and got him, and if you have watched UK this year, you know as well as I do that they are not the same team without him. I wouldn't say he left BG a bad team, but in no way did he leave him a tourny team.....sorry.
March 20, 200818 yr The future is bright!!:thumb: Hey, at least UK has a Coach, and players are leavin like trees.:jump: :laugh::thumb::lol:
March 20, 200818 yr Actually you are wrong, Tubby did not leave him with PP, Billy G went out and got him, and if you have watched UK this year, you know as well as I do that they are not the same team without him. I wouldn't say he left BG a bad team, but in no way did he leave him a tourny team.....sorry. Well lets see here, they lost really only one key player from last years 2nd round team in Morris. They replaced him with Patterson who put up the same numbers just about, so yeah he did leave him with a tournament team...And some of you all must be blind about the Patterson thing. I mean think about this, Billy G was having no shot with Patterson at A&M and had no relationship with him, and yet he some how steals him from Coach K and Billy D. Thats probably because Tubby had got Patterson to have UK in his final three and wanting to come here, and here I do give credit to Billy G for making sure he still came here. If it wasn't for Tubby basically having Patterson wanting to come here, then Billy G wouldn't have walked in and just picked him up. So Tubby left a team with Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Jasper, Stevenson, Harris, and Stevenson. That team right there is definitely a tournament team, and actually a pretty darn good team. I mean the ranking to start the year also shows that most people thought we had pretty good talent. So yeah he left a good team, it wasn't that he left a bad team at all. Injuries is what killed this team, not what Tubby left.
March 20, 200818 yr It would have been easy for UK to pack it in back in December. They didnt. That is a credit to their BCG and the players. Way to keep playing hard. It goes to show that with hard work, good things happen. Obviously, this team was not loaded with talent. Hopefully, BCG will continue to recruit his tail off and continue to get the talent just like PP. I for one am very proud of this team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.