March 20, 200818 yr So Tubby left a team with Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Jasper, Stevenson, Harris, and Stevenson. That team right there is definitely a tournament team, and actually a pretty darn good team. I mean the ranking to start the year also shows that most people thought we had pretty good talent. So yeah he left a good team, it wasn't that he left a bad team at all. Injuries is what killed this team, not what Tubby left. There is no way on Gods green earth that is a tourny team. That is a team that couldn't beat Georgia....come on. And say what you want about PP and Tubby, BG closed the deal, and I don't know how many, if any other coaches would have done that. Without Billy G getting Patterson, that team is a .500 team at best, and maybe fighting to get into the NIT.
March 20, 200818 yr If Tubby would have stayed I believe he would have had PP and the point guard too that went to Florida.
March 20, 200818 yr If Tubby would have stayed I believe he would have had PP and the point guard too that went to Florida. You can say if, if, if all you want. If PP was so big on Tubby, why did they not go to Minn?
March 20, 200818 yr You can say if, if, if all you want. If PP was so big on Tubby, why did they not go to Minn? Ha come on now man? Just because they were big on Tubby, doesn't mean they will follow him to a team that won 9 games last year. They wanted to go to a big time program that could possibly when a National Championship. So when Tubby was at UK he was big on him, why you think he had them down to his final three instead of any other schools. Also it was rumored a lot that he and Lucas was going to commit to UK at the McDonalds All American game before Tubby left.
March 20, 200818 yr You can say if, if, if all you want. If PP was so big on Tubby, why did they not go to Minn? He wanted to stay close to home.
March 20, 200818 yr There is no way on Gods green earth that is a tourny team. That is a team that couldn't beat Georgia....come on. And say what you want about PP and Tubby, BG closed the deal, and I don't know how many, if any other coaches would have done that. Without Billy G getting Patterson, that team is a .500 team at best, and maybe fighting to get into the NIT. You serious? :lol: I must say I had a typo in my first one and put Stevenson twice in the players that would be here. Patterson should have been what I typed, and not Stevenson twice. But yeah if you dont think a team with Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Jasper, Patterson, Stevenson, and Harris is not a tournament team, then I question what you think a good team is. Tubby as I pointed out left a team with all its key players back from last years 2nd round team. The only key one who left was Morris, and he handed Billy G Patterson to replace Morris. (If you look back I did give credit to Billy G for making sure Patterson still came here after Tubby left). So that team right there is DEFINITELY a tournament team, and a pretty darn good team at that if they were all healthy. So once again Tubby did not leave a bad team at all, he left a pretty talented team here that should have done pretty darn good if healthy.
March 20, 200818 yr Author Ha come on now man? Just because they were big on Tubby, doesn't mean they will follow him to a team that won 9 games last year. They wanted to go to a big time program that could possibly when a National Championship. So when Tubby was at UK he was big on him, why you think he had them down to his final three instead of any other schools. Also it was rumored a lot that he and Lucas was going to commit to UK at the McDonalds All American game before Tubby left. I betcha that Beasley and Walker were headed to UC. Huggs goes to the BB Meca which is KSU, and yup, they followed him. In my opinion, Patterson was still undecided even before TS left. BCG recruited him, and got him.
March 20, 200818 yr You serious? :lol: I must say I had a typo in my first one and put Stevenson twice in the players that would be here. Patterson should have been what I typed, and not Stevenson twice. But yeah if you dont think a team with Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Jasper, Patterson, Stevenson, and Harris is not a tournament team, then I question what you think a good team is. Tubby as I pointed out left a team with all its key players back from last years 2nd round team. The only key one who left was Morris, and he handed Billy G Patterson to replace Morris. (If you look back I did give credit to Billy G for making sure Patterson still came here after Tubby left). So that team right there is DEFINITELY a tournament team, and a pretty darn good team at that if they were all healthy. So once again Tubby did not leave a bad team at all, he left a pretty talented team here that should have done pretty darn good if healthy. My point was that Tubbys' team did not include PP, so the team that TUBBY left (without Patterson) is not a tourny team.
March 20, 200818 yr I betcha that Beasley and Walker were headed to UC. Huggs goes to the BB Meca which is KSU, and yup, they followed him. In my opinion, Patterson was still undecided even before TS left. BCG recruited him, and got him. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
March 20, 200818 yr My point was that Tubbys' team did not include PP, so the team that TUBBY left (without Patterson) is not a tourny team. Tubby left Patterson for Billy G to get. So if it wasn't for Tubby, Billy G. would not have gotten Patterson. :sssh: Also how can you be so sure. I mean that team we watched today was all people that Tubby left and they played pretty darn good. So if you add in Meeks to that bunch, who would have been another scorer that they needed today. Then this team very well could have been a tournament team still. Just people acting like Tubby left Billy G with a terrible team is crazy. He left a pretty good team here, and had one of the top recruits in the country wanting to come here, and Billy G just had to make sure he still came here. Its to bad he couldn't do that with Lucas as well though. So Tubby didn't leave as in as bad of shape as some people like to try to believe.
March 20, 200818 yr Tubby left Patterson for Billy G to get. So if it wasn't for Tubby, Billy G. would not have gotten Patterson. :sssh: Also how can you be so sure. I mean that team we watched today was all people that Tubby left and they played pretty darn good. So if you add in Meeks to that bunch, who would have been another scorer that they needed today. Then this team very well could have been a tournament team still. Just people acting like Tubby left Billy G with a terrible team is crazy. He left a pretty good team here, and had one of the top recruits in the country wanting to come here, and Billy G just had to make sure he still came here. Its to bad he couldn't do that with Lucas as well though. So Tubby didn't leave as in as bad of shape as some people like to try to believe. If Tubby did such a great job recruiting him, then why didn't he commit before Tubby left. Yeah maybe BG wouldn't have got him without Tubby getting him in the door, but he closed the deal. No way you can tell me you honestly think that UK without PP is a tourny team....they had enough trouble getting in with him. And I said before, Tubby did not leave a terrible team, but not a tourny team. If your team includes Mark Coury (even if he is a walk-on) is not good enough to be playing at UK.
March 20, 200818 yr This seasons is finally over let us hope this is the last Tubby thread that involves the discussion of his coaching at UK. Time to leave Tubby alone and get back on track with the Cats and BCG. It is time for us UK fans to become a team again. GO BIG BLUE
March 20, 200818 yr If Tubby did such a great job recruiting him, then why didn't he commit before Tubby left. Yeah maybe BG wouldn't have got him without Tubby getting him in the door, but he closed the deal. No way you can tell me you honestly think that UK without PP is a tourny team....they had enough trouble getting in with him. And I said before, Tubby did not leave a terrible team, but not a tourny team. If your team includes Mark Coury (even if he is a walk-on) is not good enough to be playing at UK. As I said in a previous post, there were many very strong rumors about how Patterson and Lucas both were going to commit to UK at the McDonalds game, but once Tubby left. They decided to wait it out and see what happened with the UK situation..But as I have said a few times though, I do give Billy G credit because he was able to still convince Patterson to still come here after Tubby left, even though Billy G didn't have much of a relationship with him. Yes I can honestly say they are a tournament team IF HEALTHY. Remember to start the year when we struggled we were without Jasper and Meeks. We had Patterson but struggled without those guys. Things changed when Jasper got in the lineup. We have showed just with Jasper in the lineup that we still can play with anyone, and then if you add a scorer like Meeks in that lineup. Then the team is pretty good. So if we had Meeks and Jasper healthy to start the year, then yes I say this team would be a tournament team.
March 20, 200818 yr That would be wrong, Tubby did not leave Billy G with a bad team. He left Billy G with a tournament team. If there was no injuries at all, Tubby would have left a pretty darn good team. They wouldn't have been great, but would be good if they were healthy are year. The whole Tubby leaving a bad team is wrong. But other than that, I agree with mostly everything else you said. :thumb: That's fine if you feel that way. I don't feel like Tubby would have gotten them there and we wouldn't have had Patterson. I feel like the Cats played over their heads and reached their potential this year. I also feel like Billy G walked into a pretty average Cats team at best. He did a solid job getting everything out of them IMO.
March 20, 200818 yr This seasons is finally over let us hope this is the last Tubby thread that involves the discussion of his coaching at UK. Time to leave Tubby alone and get back on track with the Cats and BCG. It is time for us UK fans to become a team again. GO BIG BLUE I agree, yet Tubby gets brought up everytime still. So I just arguing the fact that he did not leave a terrible team like some people try to say.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.