Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC In The CBI

Featured Replies

Big deal. I know. Just putting it out there for the few UC fans on the board.

 

Game will be on the road Wednesday. Looks like either Penn St or Virginia...

I see that and think a garbage disposal company is sponsoring it. If they were, I'm sure they would be all for trash talking...

  • Author

Cronin said CBI officials told UC that the tournament was not concerned about the Bearcats’ record.

 

“They’re trying to get the best teams available that aren’t in the NCAA Tournament,” Cronin said. “I was surprised, but when you start looking at our strength of schedule and the way we played against Pitt. It’s arguable that we played them better than Marquette and Georgetown.”

Cronin said CBI officials told UC that the tournament was not concerned about the Bearcats’ record.

 

“They’re trying to get the best teams available that aren’t in the NCAA Tournament,” Cronin said. “I was surprised, but when you start looking at our strength of schedule and the way we played against Pitt. It’s arguable that we played them better than Marquette and Georgetown.”

 

Which is code for "Some games we play really bad, and some games we play really good, and they asked, so what the heck lets give it a go!":lol:

 

I do tend to think for this tournament they think along the lines of what the records would be in comparable conferences... I.E. Brown was 19-9, but what would they have been in the Big East, etc.

Cronin-speak was more like code for...so many other teams with better records turned down the CBI and we were more than welcome to take their place.

Cronin-speak was more like code for...so many other teams with beter records turned down the CBI and we were more than welcome to take their place.

 

UC was one of the first announced, which actually leads me to believe that they were one of the first asked...

 

Could be wrong though...

Many teams put feelers out there saying they would be willing to play in CBI, including UC. UVa was another that would accept.

  • Author
Congrats to UC.

 

Blah. But I'll never miss a chance to watch UC play...

Blah. But I'll never miss a chance to watch UC play...

 

Its not how I wanted to get in the post season, but hey, I think the senior class deserves it. At least they can say they made it to the post season in their college careers... And that they took UC back to post season play...

  • Author

Looks like the opponent has changed. UC will plat at Bradley Wednesday night...

Blah. But I'll never miss a chance to watch UC play...

 

I know it sounded sarcastic but it wasn't...

 

It's good for the program and fans. IMO

Looks like the opponent has changed. UC will plat at Bradley Wednesday night...

Top Players

 

 

----------------Pts Assist Reb Ht. Wt.

Jeremy Crouch G 15.5 3.7 3.0 6'5'' 216

Daniel Ruffin G 14.8 3.7 5.8 5'10'' 162

Andrew Warren G 13.1 3.8 1.6 6'5'' 200

Theron Wilson G-F 11.4 6.4 1.5 6'5'' 197

 

 

They look to be guard oriented to say the least...

 

 

Just taking a quick look at a common opponent... Bradley went 1-1 vs Illinois State, with the W coming by a point. UC lost to them...

I know it sounded sarcastic but it wasn't...

 

It's good for the program and fans. IMO

 

Agree, any postseason play can only help for next year, It is why I am so confused on why teams turned down a chance to play. It gives your players a feel of tourney play, even though it isn't the big dance. Also if these games are nationally televised, it gives your program exposure to future recurits.

I don't think I've ever heard of the CBI until reading this thread. I had to look it up to see what it's about.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.