Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Is Conference Tournament 1st and 2nd Round Better Than The NCAA 1st Round?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Loved that Memphis/Tulsa game yesterday.

 

You should not be allowed to ever report on sports again for saying conference tournaments are better than the Big Dance.

This week I don't have to watch a mid major if I so desire. You should appreciate that...

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because at least half of the Wed/Thur games next week are total mismatches, and not much fun to watch...

 

It's alot of fun when a 2 seed is trailing a 15 seed coming down the stretch, and it seems to happen every year. are watching one of the blowouts, just turn to a 5/12, 7/10, 8/9 matchup and be happy.

You can definitely have more upsets in the first and second rounds of the conference tourneys, as seen already this week, than in the first round of the NCAA's. That's why conference tourneys are so great. The number one's and two's of the land aren't going down in the first round of the NCAA, most likely, but in their conference tourney, anything is possible, and it happens.

 

But there's no major consequence. UNC could probably lose this game right now and still get a #1 seed. And even if they got a #2, its not as bad as ending your season early.

There are a bunch of teams that lose and go home at this point...

 

While that is true. There are teams that lose and still get to play. Next weekend it is everyone lose and go home. I think that is why next weekend is better. I still would like them to do away with the conference tourney and expand the Tourney an extra weekend then you would have the ultimate.

You won't see any tears shed from players during conference tournaments. All sorts of guys will be crying next weekend. That should be all you need to know.

  • Author
You won't see any tears shed from players during conference tournaments. All sorts of guys will be crying next weekend. That should be all you need to know.

If you are in to watching dudes cry... :lol:

Plus, it's easy for Louisville and Cincy fans to love the conference torunaments, they aren't used to winning them like UK fans. ;)

  • Author
Plus, it's easy for Louisville and Cincy fans to love the conference torunaments, they aren't used to winning them like UK fans. ;)

30 Conference titles for UC. Weak...

Plus, it's easy for Louisville and Cincy fans to love the conference torunaments, they aren't used to winning them like UK fans. ;)

 

It has only been in the last few years that Cincy does not win the conference tournaments. Didn't they have a very good run for along time.?

You see better basketball this week. Teams are more evenly matched and you get better games. Maybe you dont have the drama of a close game that you get in the NCAA. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

  • Author
It has only been in the last few years that Cincy does not win the conference tournaments. Didn't they have a very good run for along time.?

They dominated CUSA and Great Midwest tournaments for 15 years. Watching them roll over everyone like they were UK playing in the SEC was fun, but there is nothing like the Big East, Pac 10 and Big 12 tournaments. And that includes the early rounds of the NCAA. It's much better basketball...

They dominated CUSA and Great Midwest tournaments for 15 years. Watching them roll over everyone like they were UK playing in the SEC was fun, but there is nothing like the Big East, Pac 10 and Big 12 tournaments. And that includes the early rounds of the NCAA. It's much better basketball...

 

I agree with the games in those better tournaments are good, I just personally like the one and done style of the NCAA. Plus I was taking up for the Bearcats. :sssh:

  • Author
I agree with the games in those better tournaments are good, I just personally like the one and done style of the NCAA. Plus I was taking up for the Bearcats. :sssh:

 

I like not being forced to watch mid major and lower kids getting their teeth kicked in next week... ;)

30 Conference titles for UC. Weak...

 

I forgot Cincinnatti played in the YMCA League all those years... then they won a few in the KBA Men's League....;)

  • Author
I forgot Cincinnatti played in the YMCA League all those years... then they won a few in the KBA Men's League....;)

Is that like UK claiming YMCA wins from back in the day to boost their overall win totals? I also remember your beloved UK having a few problems with those YMCA quality teams from CUSA. Just sayin... :jump:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.