Perry County Central 41 Letcher County Central 36 -14th semis

Stuck around to watch the 1st quarter of this one, very boring 7-4 at end of the first. Left at the end of the quarter and listened to the game on the way back to Irvine, after hearing it on the radio I regret my early departure, sounded like a great game, Congrats to the 'Dores.

It was a great game. Back and forth then back again. Both teams play hard and made mistakes that ended up costing them.

The only thing I can wonder about is the late 4 calls in a roll under 1:30 to go and a 2pt game and all of them questionable and all went againest LCC.(especially the 2 back to back charge and block calls). I'm not saying anyone took it just wondering if anyone else is thinking what I'm thinking?

Everybody had Perry Central dead and buried about a month or so ago ... things seem to have been resurrected under Hatcher late in the season.

What happened? Are the players simply more accustomed to his system? Has team chemistry improved with some player defections? Or is it something else?

Everybody had Perry Central dead and buried about a month or so ago ... things seem to have been resurrected under Hatcher late in the season.

What happened? Are the players simply more accustomed to his system? Has team chemistry improved with some player defections? Or is it something else?

That's what I was thinking. I saw them scrimmage, and it was pretty clear the guy is a very good coach.

Must be the water in Perry County since Hazard and Perry are both in the finals right now.

Congrats to PCC and Coach Hatcher. He's done more with less than any coach in the 14th this season. The Commodores had a great game plan and LCC played into their hands.

Not a pretty style of basketball, but to get kids to play unselfishly and to look for a good shot before chucking up a bad one this day and age is a testiment to Hatcher.

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. Anyone who thinks we lack for quality officiating in the 14th, thank goodness we are not in the 15th. PCC played great and are well coached but the officiating was suspect to say the least. Our 14th region officials are wonderful. Thank you guys.

Perry is definitely playing their best right now. They usually hit better freethrows and if they would of done that last night, it would of been 8 or 10 point game. Letcher was definitely thrown out of their style of play and they couldn't do anyting about it. I would have to say that Coach Hatcher definitely won this coaching battle! The officiating was the same on both ends, the 15th is just a lot worse than what we are used to in the 14th. The charge calls were not even close, Banks took off from about 15 ft away and the Perry kids were there waiting on him on all 3 occasions that he was called a charge on. Good luck to Perry in the finals! Should be a heck of a game, maybe the 4th time will be the charm for you guys against Hazard.

You must not have seen the same game I did. There isn't a kid in the 14th region that can come from the wing and take a charge on a driving Banks like his last foul was called. I agree with his 4th but the fifth was terrible. As for both ends the Blair kid was pushed 2 rows in the bleachers from the block 2 trips before that and no charge. Foul count was almost 3 to 1 the last time I looked.

Although I was on the other end of the floor, the 5th foul looked like an easy call. If you watched the defense, he was in proper guarding position, then Banks ran him over. And they should of T'd him up for his actions afterwords also, but didn't. The Blair push was in reaction to what Blair did first and not saying that both shouldn't of been called, but I would guess that they said if they didn't call what Blair did, they don't call what the other kid did either. That is just speculation. And as for the foul count, I would have to say that Perry plays a lot better defense and are coached to play defense and have been all year long. They know how to play defense and do a great job of it without fouling. Letcher does not play defense, they just run at you and try to get you into their speed up game and that didn't happen last night, Perry is well disciplined and are playing really well. Not saying that a couple more fouls couldn't of been called because I'm sure they could of, but I'm sure they were let go on both ends. But the ones that were called were pretty easy to call. Pretty good game and can't wait til tonight's.