Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracketology 3-10-08

Featured Replies

Pistol Pete had another year of eligibility?

 

:thumb::lol: HT I apologize, I honestly didn't see your post before I had submitted mine. Just for the record though - we are both right.:banana:

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best shooter in NCAA history :confused:? Did Pistol Pete Maravich came back from the grave and played for Duke :scared:?

Are you actually saying that Reddick was a better shooter than Pete Maravich :lol:?

No, I didn't look up any numbers and don't need to. Pete is the all time NCAA scorer and just what would his numbers had been if there had been a 3pt. line :eek:. If possible (which is another if frog had wings statement)that we could bring Maravich back and place him in a shooting contest with Reddick then imo Reddick would lose miserably.

The 3 pointer helped Reddick get his reputation. Reddick was a great shooter, no doubt but in no way could compare with the talent of Pete Maravich and a few others that I could go down the line and name but won't fool with it.

 

(and you say that others wear the "Homer" blinders......:D::thumb:)

 

Although I agree Pistol Pete is the best shooter of all time, I don't see how you can say Redick would lose miserably. He has the purest stroke I have ever seen and most of the time it was running off screens and being guarded heavily. If you leave him open as a spot up shooter, he won't miss all day. I'm not gonna get into an arguement because it's really pointless and nobody will ever know the truth.:lol: But Redick was the greatest in this era and there's no denying that.

Pistol Pete was an amazing, amazing talent....was he before his time? Sure...but today's players and much more athletic now, they are longer and can defend with intensity that wasn't seen often as then...Redick garnered ferocious defensive intensity for almost 40 minutes for about 130 games.....all the while not being the most physically gifted athlete on the court on any given night....I stand by my presumption that JJ Redick would shoot with anybody that has ever laced up sneakers in NCAA history.

Although I agree Pistol Pete is the best shooter of all time, I don't see how you can say Redick would lose miserably. He has the purest stroke I have ever seen and most of the time it was running off screens and being guarded heavily. If you leave him open as a spot up shooter, he won't miss all day. I'm not gonna get into an arguement because it's really pointless and nobody will ever know the truth.:lol: But Redick was the greatest in this era and there's no denying that.

 

I won't get into it either other than to say that Reddick was not even in the same class with Maravich, JMO.

Reddick was excellent and I am not saying that he wasn't. Just that he couldn't tie Pistol's shoestrings on a good day.;) Not close.

By the way, if you consider Rex Champman "this era" imo he could compete with Reddick all day long. He just wasn't in the college game long enough to put up the numbers. The was also a point guard for Dale Brown at LSU some years ago, I believe that the name was Chris Jackson, he could shoot with anyone as well.

 

(and you are right, there obviously no way of either one of us proving it.) :lol::thumb:.

....I stand by my presumption that JJ Redick would shoot with anybody that has ever laced up sneakers in NCAA history.

 

Fair enough :thumb:, and I stand by my statement that Pete Maravich was so much better it is not even in the picture. Maravich could have scored at will on any defense anywhere at anytime, past or present.

 

Another one that I just thought of that was better than Reddick was a little know kid from French Lick that was know to be decent................. Larry Bird.

I never thought that I would see the day that a UK fan is hanging it's hat on the successes of other teams in the SEC....classic.

 

Almost as funny as a Duke fan begging for an easy bracket!!!:fire:

Almost as funny as a Duke fan begging for an easy bracket!!!:fire:

 

The way they've been playing lately, they'll need an easy bracket :thumb:

Almost as funny as a Duke fan begging for an easy bracket!!!:fire:

 

:laugh::laugh::banana:

The way they've been playing lately, they'll need an easy bracket :thumb:

 

Darned right.

Darned right.

 

Nothing wrong with wanting an easy bracket. Any one wishing for a hard bracket would be out of their minds. :D

Kentucky doesn't survive with that bracket. Memphis would eat them alive. Nobody down low to stop Dorsey and there would be match up problems everywhere on the court. Seriously how would Uk match up with Anderson, Rose, Dorsey, and CDR.

Kentucky doesn't survive with that bracket. Memphis would eat them alive. Nobody down low to stop Dorsey and there would be match up problems everywhere on the court. Seriously how would UK match up with Anderson, Rose, Dorsey, and CDR.

 

If these brackets would hold true. I think the Cats would like to have the chance to match up with Memphis State. That would mean they would have a first round win. I don't think there are many UK fans worrying about how we match up in the second round. How did we match up with the Vols. I am happy that you are concerned with how the Cats match up. It shows you care. Thanks:D

If these brackets would hold true. I think the Cats would like to have the chance to match up with Memphis State. That would mean they would have a first round win. I don't think there are many UK fans worrying about how we match up in the second round. How did we match up with the Vols. I am happy that you are concerned with how the Cats match up. It shows you care. Thanks:D

 

Well hey my Bearcats aren't going to be there, so might as well root for the home team. :thumb:

 

I just don't like their chances if they do advance to the second round and meet Memphis. They are a lot smarter with the ball than Tennessee is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.