Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Lawrence County

Featured Replies

The spread may not be the most popular offense in eastern kentucky...

 

The spread has worked well at Raceland, Lewis County, and Greenup County...

Who will Lawerence play in 2008?

I heard Lawrence County had one of it's best spring turnouts recently, I talked to a family member of a football player, and she had told me 70 kids showed up. I haven't been able to confirm that yet, if someone who was there could let me know how many showed up, and how they looked. I heard Chandler Shepherd is looking really good, and we should be alot better on the offensive and defensive lines this year

Also, does anyone have a Lawrence County schedule for this year?

Meet the coaches was held last night. Appears that Blake Preece and Joey Cecil are staying onboard. Coaches Skinner and Wilcoxson have joined the coaching staff for the upcoming season. Had a great turnout and the kids are very motivated about the changes. I'm wishing Coach Salmons and staff the very best!

 

I was talking to one of the coaches earlier and was told that LC has a LOT of kids out for the first time in years. Around 45 kids were out for spring ball without the baseball and basketball boys being out.

 

I heard Lawrence County had one of it's best spring turnouts recently, I talked to a family member of a football player, and she had told me 70 kids showed up. I haven't been able to confirm that yet, if someone who was there could let me know how many showed up, and how they looked. I heard Chandler Shepherd is looking really good, and we should be alot better on the offensive and defensive lines this year

Also, does anyone have a Lawrence County schedule for this year?

 

All of these comments are GREAT to hear. Lawrence County people have a deep love for football and tradition. I can certainly identify and understand that and I wish the Bulldogs all the best in getting your program back to were you want it to be and it should be.

Raceland and LCHS have always had alot of respect for each other and their programs. Good luck again to the Bulldogs from the crew here in RamLand. :thumb:

Lawrence Co's next D1 prospect is a freshman this season. Give him a few years and he will be dominate.

Lawrence Co's next D1 prospect is a freshman this season. Give him a few years and he will be dominate.

 

Who is it? I am glad they have some good talent coming up.

Who is it? I am glad they have some good talent coming up.

Tyler Combs, he is a freshman, around 6'4" and 240 lbs. OL/DL. He will be a big player for the next four years at Lawrence Co. I expect comparisons to Philip Ratliff.

Tyler Combs, he is a freshman, around 6'4" and 240 lbs. OL/DL. He will be a big player for the next four years at Lawrence Co. I expect comparisons to Philip Ratliff.
I agree if he can control his attitude, he definitely has the physical skill.
I agree if he can control his attitude, he definitely has the physical skill.

 

 

Really?? I have never known Tyler to have any attitude other than very positive and motivated??

So does anyone know Lawrence Countie's schedule for this year? I know we open at North Laurel,but I dont know who we play after that. All I'm hearing so far is all positive feedback from their practices.So how does everyone think the dawgs will do this year?

DATE dot.gif
OPPONENT
dot.gif
SITE
dot.gif
SCORE
Aug 29, 08 North Laurel away 8:30 PM 7th Annual Cumberland Valley Bowl
Sep 5, 08 Belfry home 7:30 PM
Sep 12, 08 Sheldon Clark away 7:30 PM
Sep 19, 08 Prestonsburg home 7:30 PM
Sep 26, 08 Boyd County away 7:30 PM
Oct 3, 08 Russell away 7:30 PM
Oct 10, 08 Rowan County away 7:30 PM
Oct 17, 08 Open home
Oct 24, 08 Greenup County home 7:30 PM
Oct 31, 08 Breathitt County home 7:30 PM
Nov 7, 08 Letcher County Central home 7:30 PM

I heard Salmons run the Youth Football program off the Football Field. They will play there games at Stella Moore.

I think they need to work in the weight room a little bit more, which I have been hearing they have been. They also need to get in better shape, in some of their games last year, they seemed to be a step or two slower later in the game.

I heard Salmons run the Youth Football program off the Football Field. They will play there games at Stella Moore.

 

Well it could be that the football field has been sowed and a sprinkler system just recently installed?

Lawrence needs to go back to its roots.

 

Take the 4 best athletes on the team and put them at QB, RB, RB, and FB respectively. Get in the wishbone and run right at people! Get back to the basics and work on firing off the ball and owning the LOS.

 

That is the formula for sucess for Lawrence Co.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.