Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Breakaway Rim

Featured Replies

How much has it helped the shooter?

 

I have noticed that alot of rim's are loose, have give and when the ball hits the front of the rim it just dies. What do you think?

You sir are a deep thinker, I have no idea about the rim, but IMO if you can shoot the ball well, you can hit any target.

How much has it helped the shooter?

 

I have noticed that alot of rim's are loose, have give and when the ball hits the front of the rim it just dies. What do you think?

A loose rim is a shooters best friend.

Yeah I have noticed this before also. I like the break away rim because before it would hit then bounce high into the air and many times over the backboard. Kinda like the rims at many parks. The breakaway rim gives a better roll, ;)or maybe thats just my touch on the ball;)

If thats the case then that would mean that shooting %'s have gone up since the breakaway's have been used wouldn't it.

I don't hit the rim, so I don't know what its like...

 

AIRBALL! AIRBALL! AIRBALL!

 

:lol: Only kidding.:thumb:

The breakway rims are great for a shooter.

I have always shot just as well on the old school rims at the local playground. I think you either have good shooting technique or you don't.

Personally I enjoy the breakaway rims because I no longer have to worry about glass shattering all over my head every time I emphatically throw one down. . . But thats just me:jump:

Personally I enjoy the breakaway rims because I no longer have to worry about glass shattering all over my head every time I emphatically throw one down. . . But thats just me:jump:

 

I wish my daughter's Fisher Price goal had a break away rim. Nothing like the sound of plastic cracking.

Personally I enjoy the breakaway rims because I no longer have to worry about glass shattering all over my head every time I emphatically throw one down. . . But thats just me:jump:

 

I think your 100% correct on this. I think that they started using these breakaway rims so that whenever you had a dunk the backboard wouldn't have to support all the weight of the player. And resulting in a nasty mess.

I wish my daughter's Fisher Price goal had a break away rim. Nothing like the sound of plastic cracking.

 

You must have bought the economy model, mine breaks away !:thumb:

You must have bought the economy model, mine breaks away !:thumb:

 

Yeah, I went old school on a toy.:banana:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.