Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Awards

Featured Replies

Why don't we give the 40th District all the 10th region honors, congrats to you all. :dancingpa This is definitely justification on why its nice to see other teams play around the 10th region.[/quote]

 

 

I would have loved to see more games in the 10th region this year, but I have other responsibilities that are more important. My parents are both in their 80's and we have been in and out of the hospital with my dad all winter. My brother-in-law has been fighting cancer since October and my sister has needed me. I have not got to even seen my Cards as much as I normally do. Somethings in life are more important than a basketball game.[/QUOTE]

 

Well said and other things are in perspective. Best of luck in all situations.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot to metion:

 

Best Cheerleaders - Mason Co.

Best Uniforms - Mason Co.

Best Gym - Mason Co.

Best PA Man - Mason Co.

Best Timekeeper - Mason Co.

Best Popcorn at the Concession Stand - Mason Co.

:lol::lol::lol:

 

But we all know that Montgomery County has the prettiest potties!!!! That was even printed in the newspaper!!

But we all know that Montgomery County has the prettiest potties!!!! That was even printed in the newspaper!!

 

:lol::ylsuper:

But we all know that Montgomery County has the prettiest potties!!!! That was even printed in the newspaper!!

 

A true Classic:lol:

Why don't we give the 40th District all the 10th region honors, congrats to you all. :dancingpa This is definitely justification on why its nice to see other teams play around the 10th region.[/quote]

 

 

I would have loved to see more games in the 10th region this year, but I have other responsibilities that are more important. My parents are both in their 80's and we have been in and out of the hospital with my dad all winter. My brother-in-law has been fighting cancer since October and my sister has needed me. I have not got to even seen my Cards as much as I normally do. Somethings in life are more important than a basketball game.[/QUOTE]

 

Well said and other things are in perspective. Best of luck in all situations.

 

Thanks I appreciate the thoughts.

 

I did some research. Here are some stats of two of our Freshmen that rate in the top 35 in the state. I will give the link so if someone would like to posts their players stats.

 

Here are some stats to back up why I say that Robbie Stenzel is the top Freshman in the 10 th region and Cory Rogers would be my second choice. Robbie started for GRC as a 8th grader last year. He and Cory Rogers both start for GRC this year.

 

Top 35 Field Goal Percentage Leaders

 

#32. Cory Rogers. GRC Freshman

 

Top 35 Free Throw Percentage Leaders

 

#5 Robbie Stenzel GRC Freshman

 

Top 35 Three Point Field Goal Leaders

 

#35 Robbie Stenzel GRC Freshman

 

 

link

 

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/regularseason/2008/statsbit.htm

  • Author

Just my opinion on the region's frosh:

 

1. Robbie Stenzel, Clark

2. Kyle King, Deming

3. Luke King, Deming

4. Neal Pawsat, Mason

5. Cory Rogers, Clark

6. Treg Setty, Mason

7. Todd Jefferson, Bracken

8. Davi Stanley, Paris

9. Jordan Gilbert, Mason

10. Bentley Enlow, Paris

 

Take it with a grain of salt, I've not seen EVERY team play, and this is pretty well based on varsity minutes, not necessarily potential (that would switch things up a little bit on my list).

 

There are some others, with that potential tag I would mention: Daniel Yeary (St. Pat), Colton Fraysure (Augusta), Jonathan Caldwell (Deming), Andrew Cummins (Bracken) and Davion Myers (Paris).

 

And Goldy, before you tell me about all the freshmen at Clark, Stenzel and Rogers are all I could easily identify from the one game I've seen them in this year. Stenzel I've known for two years, and Rogers also, from his last year at Fleming.

 

Looks like a bright future for the 10th!

Just my opinion on the region's frosh:

 

1. Robbie Stenzel, Clark

2. Kyle King, Deming

3. Luke King, Deming

4. Neal Pawsat, Mason

5. Cory Rogers, Clark

6. Treg Setty, Mason

7. Todd Jefferson, Bracken

8. Davi Stanley, Paris

9. Jordan Gilbert, Mason

10. Bentley Enlow, Paris

 

Take it with a grain of salt, I've not seen EVERY team play, and this is pretty well based on varsity minutes, not necessarily potential (that would switch things up a little bit on my list).

 

There are some others, with that potential tag I would mention: Daniel Yeary (St. Pat), Colton Fraysure (Augusta), Jonathan Caldwell (Deming), Andrew Cummins (Bracken) and Davion Myers (Paris).

 

And Goldy, before you tell me about all the freshmen at Clark, Stenzel and Rogers are all I could easily identify from the one game I've seen them in this year. Stenzel I've known for two years, and Rogers also, from his last year at Fleming.

 

Looks like a bright future for the 10th!

 

Great post. I knew there were a lot of good Freshman in the 10th this year, but I have been limited on the games I have seen.

 

The only other Freshman I would mention for GRC, at this time, would be Travis Pervis. He is usually the first sub in varsity. The other two Freshman see limited varsity time.

Best Performance : Darius Miller vs Lex Cat finish; Nick Andersons buzzer beater vs Augusta in A-TOWN.

Coach of the Year : Keith Greisser and Robin Kelsch

Most Underrated : Ethan King-Mason County

Most Surprising Player : Patrick Nerl, Campbell County

Player of the Year : Darius Miller

Best Defender: Darius Miller

Mr. Hustle: Dustin Staggs

Mr. 6th man: Nathan Mitchell, Deming. Give him time and he can knock the triple down, and most unusual defender out of the 1-3-1 halfcourt defense(Pendleton County district final).:laugh:

Mr. Freshman: Neil Pawsat, an absolute warrior and instense kid to be a freshman. He will be a factor for Mason County this week.

Mr. Windex: Jordan Stephens,Montgomery County

Mr. Student/Athlete: Chris Owens

Most Wins over 1 team in 1 season: St. Patrick vs Deming(4 wins) and St. Patrick vs A-TOWN(4 wins)

Best Consession Stand: A-TOWN

Best Popcorn: Mason County

Best Potties: Montgomery County

Best AD: Fred Hester-Mason County

Best Manager: Kenton Murphy-Mason County

Furthest Hospitiality Room-Montgomery County:lol:

Best Dressed Head Coach: Chad Simms, Pendleton County(please bring out the Winston Bennett pinstriped suit for the Region:thumb:)

Best Radio station for Basketball Coverage: WFTM(online at soft96.com)

Mr. Play by Play: Danny Weddle

Mr. Basketball Writer: Tony Boyd-Ledger Independent

Most Loyal Contributor to its basketball program: Dave Schabell, Bishop Brossart

Best Seat in the house: Pressrow;)

Best Performance : Darius Miller vs Lex Cat finish; Nick Andersons buzzer beater vs Augusta in A-TOWN.

Coach of the Year : Keith Greisser and Robin Kelsch

Most Underrated : Ethan King-Mason County

Most Surprising Player : Patrick Nerl, Campbell County

Player of the Year : Darius Miller

Best Defender: Darius Miller

Mr. Hustle: Dustin Staggs

Mr. 6th man: Nathan Mitchell, Deming. Give him time and he can knock the triple down, and most unusual defender out of the 1-3-1 halfcourt defense(Pendleton County district final).:laugh:

Mr. Freshman: Neil Pawsat, an absolute warrior and instense kid to be a freshman. He will be a factor for Mason County this week.

Mr. Windex: Jordan Stephens,Montgomery County

Mr. Student/Athlete: Chris Owens

Most Wins over 1 team in 1 season: St. Patrick vs Deming(4 wins) and St. Patrick vs A-TOWN(4 wins)

Best Consession Stand: A-TOWN

Best Popcorn: Mason County

Best Potties: Montgomery County

Best AD: Fred Hester-Mason County

Best Manager: Kenton Murphy-Mason County

Furthest Hospitiality Room-Montgomery County:lol:

Best Dressed Head Coach: Chad Simms, Pendleton County(please bring out the Winston Bennett pinstriped suit for the Region:thumb:)

Best Radio station for Basketball Coverage: WFTM(online at soft96.com)

Mr. Play by Play: Danny Weddle

Mr. Basketball Writer: Tony Boyd-Ledger Independent

Most Loyal Contributor to its basketball program: Dave Schabell, Bishop Brossart

Best Seat in the house: Pressrow;)

 

No love for my Cards...:D

No love for my Cards...:D
Robbie Stenzel would be Mr. Freshman but he doesn't play like one so I ommitted him from the list, but obviously he would be Mr. Freshman.
Robbie Stenzel would be Mr. Freshman but he doesn't play like one so I ommitted him from the list, but obviously he would be Mr. Freshman.

 

I don't agree with your logic, and there has been several times that we don't agree....:D but I understand where you are coming from.:thumb:

Best Performance : Darius Miller vs Lex Cat finish; Nick Andersons buzzer beater vs Augusta in A-TOWN.

Coach of the Year : Keith Greisser and Robin Kelsch

Most Underrated : Ethan King-Mason County

Most Surprising Player : Patrick Nerl, Campbell County

Player of the Year : Darius Miller

Best Defender: Darius Miller

Mr. Hustle: Dustin Staggs

Mr. 6th man: Nathan Mitchell, Deming. Give him time and he can knock the triple down, and most unusual defender out of the 1-3-1 halfcourt defense(Pendleton County district final).:laugh:

Mr. Freshman: Neil Pawsat, an absolute warrior and instense kid to be a freshman. He will be a factor for Mason County this week.

Mr. Windex: Jordan Stephens,Montgomery County

Mr. Student/Athlete: Chris Owens

Most Wins over 1 team in 1 season: St. Patrick vs Deming(4 wins) and St. Patrick vs A-TOWN(4 wins)

Best Consession Stand: A-TOWN

Best Popcorn: Mason County

Best Potties: Montgomery County

Best AD: Fred Hester-Mason County

Best Manager: Kenton Murphy-Mason County

Furthest Hospitiality Room-Montgomery County:lol:

Best Dressed Head Coach: Chad Simms, Pendleton County(please bring out the Winston Bennett pinstriped suit for the Region:thumb:)

Best Radio station for Basketball Coverage: WFTM(online at soft96.com)

Mr. Play by Play: Danny Weddle

Mr. Basketball Writer: Tony Boyd-Ledger Independent

Most Loyal Contributor to its basketball program: Dave Schabell, Bishop Brossart

Best Seat in the house: Pressrow;)

 

 

Absolutely the funniest and best post I have ever read on BGP!

Best Performance : Darius Miller vs Lex Cat finish; Nick Andersons buzzer beater vs Augusta in A-TOWN.

Coach of the Year : Keith Greisser and Robin Kelsch

Most Underrated : Ethan King-Mason County

Most Surprising Player : Patrick Nerl, Campbell County

Player of the Year : Darius Miller

Best Defender: Darius Miller

Mr. Hustle: Dustin Staggs

Mr. 6th man: Nathan Mitchell, Deming. Give him time and he can knock the triple down, and most unusual defender out of the 1-3-1 halfcourt defense(Pendleton County district final).:laugh:

Mr. Freshman: Neil Pawsat, an absolute warrior and instense kid to be a freshman. He will be a factor for Mason County this week.

Mr. Windex: Jordan Stephens,Montgomery County

Mr. Student/Athlete: Chris Owens

Most Wins over 1 team in 1 season: St. Patrick vs Deming(4 wins) and St. Patrick vs A-TOWN(4 wins)Best Consession Stand: A-TOWN

Best Popcorn: Mason County

Best Potties: Montgomery County

Best AD: Fred Hester-Mason County

Best Manager: Kenton Murphy-Mason County

Furthest Hospitiality Room-Montgomery County:lol:

Best Dressed Head Coach: Chad Simms, Pendleton County(please bring out the Winston Bennett pinstriped suit for the Region:thumb:)

Best Radio station for Basketball Coverage: WFTM(online at soft96.com)

Mr. Play by Play: Danny Weddle

Mr. Basketball Writer: Tony Boyd-Ledger Independent

Most Loyal Contributor to its basketball program: Dave Schabell, Bishop Brossart

Best Seat in the house: Pressrow;)

 

I thought Augusta beat Bracken Co. 4 times this year????

Weddle is BY FAR the best in the region!

I thought Augusta beat Bracken Co. 4 times this year????

Weddle is BY FAR the best in the region!

 

Weddle should be in the 10th region Hall of Fame if he isn't already there. I hope someone with power of this nomination reads this.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.