March 1, 200818 yr The "champ" just got knocked down by UAB and I love it! I throughly enjoyed my time at UAB. It is a great campus and Birmingham is actually a nice city! Little Blue "BLAZER" (hence the name ,was born there.) The day we beat UK was special in Birmingham we were celebrities and the next week was fun. Until the Jayhawks peeled our heads back. Cousins will enjoy UAB, and I wish the program great success I will always feel apart of UAB basketball. Also check the NCAA tourney records in 3 appearances vs UK, the Blazers are 2-1. What's your point? It's still a mid major.He'll be a stud that the country might get to see 2 or three times throughout the year.
March 1, 200818 yr What's your point? It's still a mid major.He'll be a stud that the country might get to see 2 or three times throughout the year. Point is that UAB is not a bad program and has had some sucess. UAB is not a mid major. C-USA is the bottom of the power conferences. However what's UK's record vs C-USA this season? UAB and Houston?:sssh:
March 1, 200818 yr What's your point? It's still a mid major.He'll be a stud that the country might get to see 2 or three times throughout the year. UK sure seems to struggle with this "mid-major" come tourney time if memory serves correctly. If he's a legit NBA player, playing at UAB is not going to prevent him from moving onto the NBA. I've never understood the mentality of adults bashing a kid for making a decision they don't like and one they've never EVER had to consider.
March 1, 200818 yr UK sure seems to struggle with this "mid-major" come tourney time if memory serves correctly. If he's a legit NBA player, playing at UAB is not going to prevent him from moving onto the NBA. I've never understood the mentality of adults bashing a kid for making a decision they don't like and one they've never EVER had to consider. I'm not bashing the kid for going to UAB. Just a little puzzling to me that a top 5 recruit in the country would go to a mid major. Yes, UAB is a mid major.Playing in a power conference compared to playing in C-USA prepares him more for the next level I think.
March 1, 200818 yr Point is that UAB is not a bad program and has had some sucess. UAB is not a mid major. C-USA is the bottom of the power conferences. However what's UK's record vs C-USA this season? UAB and Houston?:sssh: I would rank C-USA as the 9th best conference at best. Behind the big 6, A-10,and Missouri Valley. If Memphis wasn't in the conference I would say it would be lower than that.
March 1, 200818 yr Author C-USA is, at the moment, projecting three tourney bids. MVC might be a 1 bid league this year.
March 1, 200818 yr C-USA is, at the moment, projecting three tourney bids. MVC might be a 1 bid league this year. And the A 10 went from 4 lock bids a month ago to as little as just X...
March 1, 200818 yr I'm not bashing the kid for going to UAB. Just a little puzzling to me that a top 5 recruit in the country would go to a mid major. Yes, UAB is a mid major.Playing in a power conference compared to playing in C-USA prepares him more for the next level I think. I originally quoted your post due to the mid-major quote and Uk's struggles with UAB. I then added commentary not aimed at any one person.
March 1, 200818 yr C-USA is, at the moment, projecting three tourney bids. MVC might be a 1 bid league this year. UAB would be the 5th best team RPI wise in the MVC. Drake-14 Illinois St-39 S.Illinois-40 Creighton-52 UAB-55 Houston-65
March 1, 200818 yr And the A 10 went from 4 lock bids a month ago to as little as just X... As for the A-10 again UAB would be 5th Xavier-6 Dayton-37 Umass-38 St.Joe's-54 UAB-55
March 1, 200818 yr UK would be 5th best in both leagues, too. UK's RPI is 56th. What's that have to do with C-USA being a lesser league than the A-10 or the MVC?
March 1, 200818 yr Okay now lets look at recent history. Kids in other states are not "looking at the UK history" like a kid that grows up in Lexington or Eastern Ky. face facts currently UK is "another school" recruiting a kid. They have no national prominance currently (ie NC UCLA Duke). So why should a kid not stay at home when UK is nothing more than a school recruiting him that lost to the in state school he is looking at? Now I expect UK to get back in the picture with BCG ability to recruit much as Roy Williams got NC back in the picture a few years ago.
March 1, 200818 yr UAB would be the 5th best team RPI wise in the MVC. Drake-14 Illinois St-39 S.Illinois-40 Creighton-52 UAB-55 Houston-65 As for the A-10 again UAB would be 5th Xavier-6 Dayton-37 Umass-38 St.Joe's-54 UAB-55 Invalid comparison. You've already stated accurately that the overall strength of C-USA is low. Therefore, their RPI is going to be negatively impacted in a way that the top teams in the other two better conferences is not.
March 2, 200818 yr Author What's that have to do with C-USA being a lesser league than the A-10 or the MVC?If your posts prove that it is, then my post proves the SEC is also.:thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.