Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 65 Walton 50 (32 district finals)

Featured Replies

Some people react differently to defeat than what others do but his reaction had to do more than the defeat if you watched & heard what was said from the coach. That type of behavior from a coach should never be tolerated and I was totally shocked that it took place. You have to give Ponzer credit for being talented and able to lead his team to a tie for 1st place in the district and a berth in the regional tournament next week. Something your Walton team was not able to do.

 

First off, I obviously was not sitting right there so I have no clue on what was said. I'm making a judgement from the standpoint from sitting in the stands. Ponzer is VERY talented and he did lead this team all season. And MY Walton team was one the most talented groups to come through there. When you play Scott Co. first round of districts not a lot can be said. We were the 2nd best team in that region. Your personal shots are lame...

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I obviously was not sitting right there so I have no clue on what was said. I'm making a judgement from the standpoint from sitting in the stands. Ponzer is VERY talented and he did lead this team all season. And MY Walton team was one the most talented groups to come through there. When you play Scott Co. first round of districts not a lot can be said. We were the 2nd best team in that region. Your personal shots are lame...

 

They may be talented but not even close to the 2003-04 team. Unfortunately, they had to meet Scott Co. in the 1st round of the district and lost by 10.

I was also behind Walton's bench, and I can tell you Walton's coach is the one who was way wrong. What happened should not be tolerated at any school. I don't know what WyldWink has against the kid, but he certainly was a catalyst for Walton's success this year. Oh yeah, and I don't have a thing for last names either, whatever that means. I think the right people got the all tournament team.

 

Exactly, I have been around basketball for a very long time and that is my first time ever witnessing those actions from a coach during a game. Like I said in an earlier post, Kyle Bennett was the last person that I would have every expected to do what he did. I am done saying anything else about the situation.

First off, I obviously was not sitting right there so I have no clue on what was said. I'm making a judgement from the standpoint from sitting in the stands. Ponzer is VERY talented and he did lead this team all season. And MY Walton team was one the most talented groups to come through there. When you play Scott Co. first round of districts not a lot can be said. We were the 2nd best team in that region. Your personal shots are lame...

 

They may be talented but not even close to the 2003-04 team. Unfortunately, they had to meet Scott Co. in the 1st round of the district and lost by 10.

You all are talking about the same team!

First off, I obviously was not sitting right there so I have no clue on what was said. I'm making a judgement from the standpoint from sitting in the stands. Ponzer is VERY talented and he did lead this team all season. And MY Walton team was one the most talented groups to come through there. When you play Scott Co. first round of districts not a lot can be said. We were the 2nd best team in that region. Your personal shots are lame...

 

I agree with you that 03/04 team was one of the more talented teams to come thru Walton in a while, no personal shots were taken toward you from me. You are the one that took shots at Ponzer, all I did was explain what that reaction was for. Enough said on this matter, lets all get behind the 2 teams from the 32nd district and root them on in the regional tournament.

I agree with you that 03/04 team was one of the more talented teams to come thru Walton in a while, no personal shots were taken toward you from me. You are the one that took shots at Ponzer, all I did was explain what that reaction was for. Enough said on this matter, lets all get behind the 2 teams from the 32nd district and root them on in the regional tournament.

 

Not likely with some so-called supporters.

You all are talking about the same team!

 

Yes, that was a special team. One of the best to come through Walton.

Congratulations to SK. Good all around team effort. They won however they did not dominate this game. IMO WV's play especially during the first half was more impressive than SK's entire game. SK's Maegley and Barnes stepped up in the second half against WV's disappointing 3rd quarter of only 4 points. MVP Dressman played well, but the effort from WV's Jones who IMO dominated the game from both sides was probably more deserving of the MVP had WV won. Mostly contributing to WV's loss were the lackluster effort from Kirk and the unsportsmanship conduct displayed by P Ponzer toward his teammates and his coach during the end of the game. I witnessed firsthand from direct by his bench both his comments and his actions. Its unfortunate for the program when parents/coaches allow and at times even reward this kind of behavior. IMO Sullivan or Hopperton were more deserving of the all-tournament award than Ponzer.

 

It seems to me from looking at your post in the past, you tend to pipe up only with negative bashing against Ponzer. I really hope a moderator will put an end to this, because it is easy to see through and really boring.

Exactly, I have been around basketball for a very long time and that is my first time ever witnessing those actions from a coach during a game. Like I said in an earlier post, Kyle Bennett was the last person that I would have every expected to do what he did. I am done saying anything else about the situation.

 

Fair enough. I'm just glad were eye to eye on the situation. I appreciate your respect.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.