Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why I Hate Duke University

Featured Replies

So do you hate Duke as well? If so, I imagine we couldn't be friends :D j/k

 

RP, even though we are 180 degrees apart on UK and Duke, since we are "ROCK" brothers, I hope we will always be friends.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 60
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do you hate Duke as well? If so, I imagine we couldn't be friends :D j/k

 

Honestly, I'm not a big fan but I don't really hate them. I've just went to great lengths to explain a lot of UK fan's hatred of the Devils. I have a lot of respect for what Duke has accomplished and the way they've accomplished it. Also, 1998 helped me get over 1992. I take it on more a team to team basis--I actually like the way this year's Blue Devil team plays and several of their players. I'm a huge UK fan but if you read a lot of my posts I do think I'm a lot more reasonable than some. I will say this I like Coach K and Duke way more than Roy and UNC. I also like UL, UC and IU--just not when they're playing UK but I don't get on threads and celebrate when Duke loses. I guess to sum it up there's not a whole lot of teams that I would openly root for Duke to beat but I don't dislike them enough to root against them in most situations either--and I do have an immense amount of respect for their program. As far as Coach K goes, I'll never forget the class that he showed after that 1992 game when he asked Cawood Ledford for the mike to address the UK fans and when he went into the Wildcat locker room to address the UK team. That said I do think he's become a little bit spoiled and whiny with his success and attention that he receives--but I'd take him as a coach without a second thought. :thumb:

RP, even though we are 180 degrees apart on UK and Duke, since we are "ROCK" brothers, I hope we will always be friends.

 

:thumb:

 

That 100% comes first my brother.

I know people hate Duke....they are the Yankees of college basketball right now, and I HATE THE YANKEES . . . that said, people calling Mike Krzyzewski classless, irks me. He's done nothing but build a program into a juggernaut, the right way. All the while, his kids graduate, don't get in any real trouble, etc...Sure he yells at officials, and plays the media. So does every major coach in America. You see it more, because they get more exposure than most. The ACC has a big contract with ESPN, why shouldn't they? They are normally one of the two best conferences in America, so I would put them on TV as well. Again, I am cool with people who hate on Duke, and say they are perenially overrated, or that they under achieve all the time. They have been to something like 10 Final Fours in the last 21 years, and have won three titles in that time. No other team in America can say that. I still maintain that Mike Krzyzewski is a world class person. Why don't you ask the Olympians what they think of him?

I know people hate Duke....they are the Yankees of college basketball right now, and I HATE THE YANKEES . . . that said, people calling Mike Krzyzewski classless, irks me. He's done nothing but build a program into a juggernaut, the right way. All the while, his kids graduate, don't get in any real trouble, etc...Sure he yells at officials, and plays the media. So does every major coach in America. You see it more, because they get more exposure than most. The ACC has a big contract with ESPN, why shouldn't they? They are normally one of the two best conferences in America, so I would put them on TV as well. Again, I am cool with people who hate on Duke, and say they are perenially overrated, or that they under achieve all the time. They have been to something like 10 Final Fours in the last 21 years, and have won three titles in that time. No other team in America can say that. I still maintain that Mike Krzyzewski is a world class person. Why don't you ask the Olympians what they think of him?

 

You didn't take what I said as a shot against Coach K did you? I'd probably be a bit spoiled if I'd have accomplished what he had.

^ Not at all.

 

Cool, I'm very glad he's coaching the Olympic team. I think some of the classless comments are way over the top. :thumb:

That 100% comes first my brother.

 

:thumb:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm a Yankee fan? One out of three ain't so bad. :lol:

^ :irked: Are you sure you don't like X? :lol:

^ :irked: Are you sure you don't like X? :lol:

 

I do like X..........................I like them to lose!!!!!!!!!! :D

 

Now back to the topic.

The Nashville CBS affiliate just switched from the final :40 of the UK game to carry the opening tip of the Duke/St. Johns game. I'm sure there will be many UK fans in western and south central Kentucky who hate Duke even more now

 

:lol:

The Nashville CBS affiliate just switched from the final :40 of the UK game to carry the opening tip of the Duke/St. Johns game. I'm sure there will be many UK fans in western and south central Kentucky who hate Duke even more now

 

:lol:

 

Agreed!:lol:

Did today's events help in the relationship?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.