Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle's New Head Coach-Scott Parkey

Featured Replies

I'm with Leonidas, lets give Parkey a chance. 50 ppg is a big jump, and only allowing 7ppg is "00-02" stats. I hope you are right but what you are suggesting is a tall order. I want them to go 15-0, but better than .5oo wil be an improvement.

 

"better than 500 is a improvment"? This is Rockcastle football we are talking about. They have had a great program for many years. So we want 9 or 10 wins.

 

It takes more to be a head coach than just calling a few passing plays, alot more.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"better than 500 is a improvment"? This is Rockcastle football we are talking about. They have had a great program for many years. So we want 9 or 10 wins.

 

It takes more to be a head coach than just calling a few passing plays, alot more.

 

Agreed. When we use words like "great coaching", "legendary coach", "built one of the best football programs in the state" we have to have high expectations. A game over .500 wont cut it. The administration chose their man, he knew what he was stepping into. I know Scott, he is a great guy. He expects a lot from his players, the guys love him. We should have just as high of expectations as he would.

 

With that said, I see them winning 7 games. If current players or family members of current players are reading this we want you to know that we are behind you 100% and remember that even though Tom is gone the program he built is still there. Just because the Rock is chipping away, it doesn't mean it's went soft. The ROCK is still hard.

Congrats to Parkey and to the school for showing confidence in quickly replacing Larkey.

Congrats to Coach Parkey and the Rockastle Football Program. I am impressed with the Rockcastle administration for realizing that in this case, continuity is very important, and the importance of not wasting any time in naming a successor.

"better than 500 is a improvment"? This is Rockcastle football we are talking about. They have had a great program for many years. So we want 9 or 10 wins.

 

It takes more to be a head coach than just calling a few passing plays, alot more.

 

True words I am sure. I guess I as will everyone else be dissapointed if this loaded Rockcastle team doesnt win at least 8 or 9 games. Will the new coach keep up the 22 years winning steak. It all rest on his shoulders now. I guess the new era has begun as well as expectations. I know Rockcastle fans expect to win this year because they are loaded. Losses are not acceptable, just ask Michigans coach.

True words I am sure. I guess I as will everyone else be dissapointed if this loaded Rockcastle team doesnt win at least 8 or 9 games. Will the new coach keep up the 22 years winning steak. It all rest on his shoulders now. I guess the new era has begun as well as expectations. I know Rockcastle fans expect to win this year because they are loaded. Losses are not acceptable, just ask Michigans coach.

 

They will be OK as long as Tony Saylor stays on board, the day that he quits you will see a major dropoff.

Very good that they didn't let him go to Southern. Good hire. I've aways liked Coach Parkey and I think he will do a great job!

Really suprised Poynter was not in the mix......

Really suprised Poynter was not in the mix......

 

Poynter had several reasons that he decided, he was not interested at this time.

That's a shame. It pretty well documented on here on the job he has done @ Trimble County and his previous stint @ Pike Central, just seemed like a good fit IMO.

I understand the offensive line will be a bit undersized this year. That will dictate to a certain extent what plays can be called and when, even if the faithful are used to seeing trap, iso, and power all night.

 

By the way congrats Scott, and good luck.

I didn't mean to cause such a stir with my comment " anything above .500 wil be an improvement". I've known Scott Parkey his whole life and he is a fine young man and there is know reason to put undo pressure on him and the young men he will be coaching with our lofty expectations. I am a big fan of the Rockets and had a son that played with the two state runner-up teams, I know what it's like for the Rockets too win big. I want them to go 10-0 and take a trip to Louisville, it is better to be surprised than disappointed.

I didn't mean to cause such a stir with my comment " anything above .500 wil be an improvement". .... it is better to be surprised than disappointed.

 

:agreed: No heat from me.

 

It is a fact, but it is a hard fact to swallow that we had a "sub-par" team, record-wise with Tom Larkey in his last season at Rockcastle. I understand your post and understand that you are not being a "hater"

I didn't mean to cause such a stir with my comment " anything above .500 wil be an improvement". I've known Scott Parkey his whole life and he is a fine young man and there is know reason to put undo pressure on him and the young men he will be coaching with our lofty expectations. I am a big fan of the Rockets and had a son that played with the two state runner-up teams, I know what it's like for the Rockets too win big. I want them to go 10-0 and take a trip to Louisville, it is better to be surprised than disappointed.

 

This job comes with pressure, that is part of it. If you can not stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. :flame:

 

THis is ROCKCASTLE football we are talking about.

Good luck to Coach Parkey anf the Rockets I hope they are as happy as Harlan Co I wish both teams the best

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.