Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Manager/Coaches in the 16th Region?

Featured Replies

Who does everyone think is the best Manager in the 16th Region?

 

What team has the best position/base coaches in the 16th Region?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Greenup Co. coach Greg Logan is the best Coach. Taking a young team like Greenup to State last season and will do the same this season.

i think Greenup Co. coach Greg Logan is the best Coach. Taking a young team like Greenup to State last season and will do the same this season.

 

Boyd County may have something to say about that!

Boyd County may have something to say about that!

 

I am not disagreeing with you, I am simply asking the question of who is returning for the Lions on the mound this year. I know the position players like Crisp, Barker, etc. will be strong but pitching wins ball games.

  • Author
Boyd County may have something to say about that!

 

That is true:thumb:

  • Author
I am not disagreeing with you, I am simply asking the question of who is returning for the Lions on the mound this year. I know the position players like Crisp, Barker, etc. will be strong but pitching wins ball games.

 

I am not 100 percent sure myself, but do know Boyd has a way of producing good pitchers each year. I believe Helms is a solid Pitcher. Barker could pitch quite well back in the day as well.

Boyd will find the pitching, they always do.

  • Author
Boyd will find the pitching, they always do.

 

I agree. There will be someone that will step up.

I would also have to go with Greg Logan as the best coach in the region. He knows the game more than anybody I know and is just a great all around coach. He also has Steve Logan who helps with pitching and at first. Steve knows alot about pitching and can make some pitchers out of the kids at Greenup.

I will go with Rick Lambert at Fairview. He is a well rounded coach and knows the game very well.

I will go with Rick Lambert at Fairview. He is a well rounded coach and knows the game very well.

 

From the looks of greenups staff, they are well ROUNDED too:laugh::laugh:

I think Coach Vanderhoof at Raceland does an outstanding job every season given the fact that its a small school that concentrates primarily on football and they don't put in the time during the offseason that the other schools do.

Vanderhoof does a good job at Raceland, they are usually competetive.

I would hate to see what would happen in Ramland if they took BASEBALL half as serious as they do Football, Hoof is a great guy but I think he needs to step down and give some other people a shot that really wants to take this program to the next level. We have had several good players over the years and several have said that we need to move forward.

I can see why you would feel that way. Raceland definately has talent come through their school, the problem is most of their players play all three sports due to the size of the school (class A). That makes it tough to do things "year around" like most other systems do. For instance, Boyd Co. and Greenup Co. have more one-sport kids because they have large enrollment and kids don't have pressure put on them to play all sports. They can simply pick the sport they like the best and dedicate themselves to it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.