January 28, 200818 yr He's doing really well. Averaging 11.5 a game, also averaging 3.5 boards and 3 assists a game. Oh, and he plays stellar defense and hustles every play, waiiiiiiit a minute, wrong Crawford, sorry. :lol: :lol:
January 28, 200818 yr The plantar faciitis is a long term thing and can nag someone for months at a time. I see now how the walking boot would help that and it makes sense. Don't they also call plantar faciitis--bone spurs--Larry Bird had that during his career. It can be very excruciating. Regardless, landing awkward on your ankle and having this already is not a good thing!
January 28, 200818 yr Is this the same thing we used to call a 'stone bruise' many years ago? Or, in my case, many years ago. You know....back in the day of the Chuck All Star cloth shoes.
January 28, 200818 yr Here's a pretty good discription of the cause and treatment. http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/foot/plantarfaciitis.htm#T The preferred treatment is rest until the pain is gone.
January 28, 200818 yr My wife and Niece both have plantar fasciitis(very painful) and it is not bone spurs or stone bruises. My Niece had to have surgery for hers because the tendon would not stretch enough. My wife does very well with hers just by doing therapy. One thing she does in the morning is to put her shoes on before she gets out of bed because the shoes support the arch in her foot. What the Doctor explained is the tendon gets really tight over night and when you get up in the morning and put your foot on the floor it straightens the tendon out with no support for the arch. He said you are basically re-injuring it every morning and causing it not to heal. One of the best therapies is to freeze bottles of water put them on the floor and roll the arch of your feet across them.
January 28, 200818 yr He's doing really well. Averaging 11.5 a game, also averaging 3.5 boards and 3 assists a game. Oh, and he plays stellar defense and hustles every play, waiiiiiiit a minute, wrong Crawford, sorry. :lol: I thought those numbers seemed low.
January 28, 200818 yr I thought those numbers seemed low.That's b/c he doesn't start. Want me to post the numbers from the game he started, against UK?
January 28, 200818 yr That's b/c he doesn't start. Want me to post the numbers from the game he started, against UK? As to the first part: Joe didn't start for much of the season. As to the second part: la la la la la la la la la la la la I'm not listening! :lol:
January 28, 200818 yr As to the first part: Joe didn't start for much of the season. As to the second part: la la la la la la la la la la la la I'm not listening! :lol: :laugh::laugh:
January 28, 200818 yr We'll see whose laughing when Mr. Gordon leaves after this year. He was joking and I laughed, someone a little sensitive? Besides, I think Mr. (5-star) Ebanks will be ok. And Mr. (4-star PG) Holloway will fill in quite nice next to Joe's better younger brother. But back to the topic at hand.........
January 28, 200818 yr I have had plantar fasciitis and it is extremely painful. It feels like a knife sticking into your foot. Rest is the cure for it and insoles in your tennis shoes to help absorb the cushion. Depending on how painful it is for Joe, I would say he sits out until at least Wednesday.
January 28, 200818 yr I have had it before and it's extremely painful. It also kind of varies in its intensity, explaining why sometimes he can play and sometimes he can't.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.