Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup County Basketball

Featured Replies

Who will be the new basketball coach at Greenup County?

Any rumors?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Coach Leach leaving?

Is Coach Leach leaving?

 

If I'm not mistaken, didn't he throw in the towel already? Perhaps I'm punch drunk, but I thought he had taken his ball and gone home.

Leach left over a week ago.

 

Whoever they get needs a five year contract, with a no interference clause to prevent parents and administrators from micro-managing him to the point of insanity, quitting... or both.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't he throw in the towel already? Perhaps I'm punch drunk, but I thought he had taken his ball and gone home.
Who is coaching the team?
Who is coaching the team?

 

Heard a funny one the other day that reminded me of Greenup. A fellow was quoted in the paper that Jim Henson (founder of the muppets) must be coaching the team. He said even though you can't see him, he's making the mouths move.

Leach left over a week ago.

 

Whoever they get needs a five year contract, with a no interference clause to prevent parents and administrators from micro-managing him to the point of insanity, quitting... or both.

 

Somewhat of an unfair statement given Leach had spoken to the admin about leaving (on his own) 3 weeks prior to the big blowup. This has already been discussed on other threads. Reasons were never disclosed (as they should not be) other than they were personal.

Greenup has had trouble with coaches lately. Hicks left last year, they try to get Hampton from Lewis Co. during the off-season, he tell's his ball players he is going then comes back the same day and says he's not, Leach takes over, and leaves half-way through the season. Shouldn't the interim head coach this year be given a chance next year to start all over and incorporate his way of playing?

I know Coach Smith and Coach Sutton are both Greenup guys, but if I were them i would turn and run.

Somewhat of an unfair statement given Leach had spoken to the admin about leaving (on his own) 3 weeks prior to the big blowup. This has already been discussed on other threads. Reasons were never disclosed (as they should not be) other than they were personal.
I have no axe to grind with anybody in Greenup.

 

One lemon in the coaching spot every now and then is understandable. Three or four in a row starts to look less like a problem with the coach and more a sign of problems elsewhere.

 

Maybe you can convince me that GCHS is just on a string of bad luck. But Hicks, Sutton, Hampton and Leach are all decent coaches and good men. Looking in from the outside, it's really hard to believe the trouble is just with the coaches.

I have no axe to grind with anybody in Greenup.

 

One lemon in the coaching spot every now and then is understandable. Three or four in a row starts to look less like a problem with the coach and more a sign of problems elsewhere.

 

Maybe you can convince me that GCHS is just on a string of bad luck. But Hicks, Sutton, Hampton and Leach are all decent coaches and good men. Looking in from the outside, it's really hard to believe the trouble is just with the coaches.

 

Bad luck, no way. I will say it is basically the admin. In my opinion, and this is strictly my opinion, here we go;

 

Hick's was run off by the admin

Hampton was hired outside of the correct procedure and when people got wind of this he took himself out

Leach was hired and took himself out due to some personal issues

Sutton never really had the job as it was on an interim basis

 

Again, my opinion doesn't mean much but I think if Hicks were there today GC would have a much, much better record.

I have no axe to grind with anybody in Greenup.

 

One lemon in the coaching spot every now and then is understandable. Three or four in a row starts to look less like a problem with the coach and more a sign of problems elsewhere.

 

Maybe you can convince me that GCHS is just on a string of bad luck. But Hicks, Sutton, Hampton and Leach are all decent coaches and good men. Looking in from the outside, it's really hard to believe the trouble is just with the coaches.

 

Amen to your statements.

 

The writing is on the wall and it is obvious that all the coaches could not have been that bad.

The word may be out on this position. If/When they decide to hire you will probably be looking at hasbeens, wannabees, neverwas's or those looking to get out of a worse position than this. I will take a while to resurrect a once proud program in Greenup Co. Sad, but true.

I look for Jason Smith to be the official head coach of Greenup next year.

 

Considering Greenup only had three coaches to apply for the job after Hicks left and after all the controversy between the administration, parents, and coaches.

 

I don't see anyone wanting to apply for the job

Somewhat of an unfair statement given Leach had spoken to the admin about leaving (on his own) 3 weeks prior to the big blowup. This has already been discussed on other threads. Reasons were never disclosed (as they should not be) other than they were personal.

 

Still having a lot of trouble believing Leach left for personal reasons. He may have had/be having some personal issues, but the "big blowup" had a HUGE impact on his leaving. IMO Too much passion for the sport to just give it up half way through the season and stay on as a teacher, if it was all personal.

I'd say the backing, or lack of backing, by the Admin. played a big part in it.

A ONE QUARTER suspension for cursing out a coach is NOT much support. I'm not saying what Leach said/did is OK, but how can the Admin. justify such a insignificant suspension for this kind of situation? What is that telling the rest of the players about RESPECT for the coaching staff?

 

I think Smith and Sutton are doing a great job with taking over the team, twice in the last two years, and either one would be a great hire as the head coach.

 

Best of luck to Greenup County!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.