Reds sign Jeremy Affeldt

LRCW

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's still there. WK has been saying all winter that he wanted competition for the rotations spots in Spring Training. I like this move.

I like the move, well not ideally this player but trying to better ourselves is always a plus. Especially for a team who never spends money. I am just concerned because ever since the Ham trade, we have been shopping for a pitcher.

But with this guy its low low risk, high reward.

I like the move, well not ideally this player but trying to better ourselves is always a plus. Especially for a team who never spends money. I am just concerned because ever since the Ham trade, we have been shopping for a pitcher.

But with this guy its low low risk, high reward.

The Reds have been shopping for a experienced pitcher to compete for a rotation spot all offseason, not just since the Hamilton trade. WK will have to make room for him on the 40-man roster some how in the next few days.

If the season started today what would the lineup and rotation look like

Its hard to tell right now. There are a few spots that will be won/lost in Spring Training, but right now it would look something like this...

C - Ross/Valentin

1B - Hatteberg/Votto

2B - Phillips

SS - Gonzalez

3B - Encarnacion

LF - Dunn

CF - Bruce/Hopper/Freel

RF - Griffey

Bench

Hopper/Freel

Ross/Valentin

Hatteberg/Votto

Keppinger

Either another C or OF

1. Harang

2. Arroyo

3. Belisle

4. Affeldt/Bailey/Volquez/Cueto

5. Affeldt/Bailey/Volquez/ Cueto

Closer - Cordero

Setup - Weathers

Setup - Burton

Relief - Bray

Relief - Majewski

Relief - Stanton

Relief - Coutlangus

Other than Cordero, who makes you love the bullpen? I think Affeldt will join the pen.

Just the fact that Cordero joined the pen makes it better. I moves Burton and Weathers down to the 7th and 8th and they were both solid last year. Not to many bullpens can say they have three pitchers with the combined numbers of Burton, Weathers and Cordero.