Louisville 71 Marquette 51

1owlzfan

This team is nowhere near its potential yet. This was not a miracle, once-in-a-lifetime upset here... Louisville never looked great on the offensive end outside of T-Will and Padgett. Defensively, this team is getting close, but there's still a lot of room for growth on offense.

Agree, great win for the Cards.:thumb:

And the game could have been closer if Marquette shot better the whole game...:thumb:

True statement, the difference the Cards had a ton of missed lay-ups and wide open 3 point shots.

Marquette had very few uncontested shots. Defense is the reason Marquette didn't shoot it well.

This team is nowhere near its potential yet. This was not a miracle, once-in-a-lifetime upset here... Louisville never looked great on the offensive end outside of T-Will and Padgett. Defensively, this team is getting close, but there's still a lot of room for growth on offense.

I agree. The Cards still go on mini-scoring droughts because they waste possessions with poor shot selection, failing to set up plays properly, etc. If they can correct some of that, they have the potential to be much better.

Figuring in depth and everything else, I would say UL has the best front court in the nation. They have 4 guys who could start at any program in the nation. If they can begin to get some consistency from the PG position, they could be a legit Final Four contender.

I think one thing overlooked is that Louisville's defense has been causing their opponents to miss shots. Yes, if Marquette's shots were falling, they would have won. Yes, if Louisville had better shot selection, the margin would have been bigger. But, Louisville's defense has been great in the last 4 games, specifically, at taking away the game of the opponent.