Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Perfect Football Offense

Featured Replies

Ram,

 

Kinda like the old west coast offense were a quick pass to the HB was just a sweep with a LOOONG pitch!!! hahaha...

 

I agree with you though, some of these spread teams can really run the ball ala, Florida and West Virginia. However, I will argue until the cows come home that not all schools have the talent to do such things. I think that style requires more talent at all positions. But it really is a thing of beauty when ran well. Hey, I'm a big fan of Nevada's pistol. I wonder when we'll see that more often. I saw LCA use it some this year.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Ram,

 

Kinda like the old west coast offense were a quick pass to the HB was just a sweep with a LOOONG pitch!!! hahaha...

 

I agree with you though, some of these spread teams can really run the ball ala, Florida and West Virginia. However, I will argue until the cows come home that not all schools have the talent to do such things. I think that style requires more talent at all positions. But it really is a thing of beauty when ran well. Hey, I'm a big fan of Nevada's pistol. I wonder when we'll see that more often. I saw LCA use it some this year.

 

I do like the pistol. I just think we may not see as much traditional offenses anymore.

 

How many teams did you see this past season that substituted their QB for a running back or receiver, to take a direct snap and run? I saw quit a few, thanks to Myers/Tebow

I think the administration and fans love the passing game but any good coach wants to do what he knows and what fits his athletes. In Ky coachs are getting away form certain defenses (the 50) and going to front that can stop the spread because of its popularity.

 

The "50" is the same thing as the 3-4. Instead of D tackles and D Ends, you have D ends and Outside Linebackers. More and more teams are going back to the "50" to stop the spread.

Whatever "Tuition assistance" can buy!

 

They also have to be smart enough to run it, understand all the reads, etc.

Or have coaches who know how to coach to their kids' strengths and adjust for their weaknesses.

  • Author
The "50" is the same thing as the 3-4. Instead of D tackles and D Ends, you have D ends and Outside Linebackers. More and more teams are going back to the "50" to stop the spread.

 

New thread forth coming.

Perfect offense is as follows:

 

Coach Likes and believes in it

Entire staff believes and embraces it

kids learn it in the feeder system and are excited about it

simple to learn

competitive in the state statistics

Kids buy in and embrace it

it teaches ball security and good deciscions

fit well with your defensive scheme and philosophy

has a set practice plan and install plan.

 

 

If it can do all of the above it is the perfect offense

  • Author
Perfect offense is as follows:

 

Coach Likes and believes in it

Entire staff believes and embraces it

kids learn at in the feeder system and are excited about it

simple to learn

competitive in the state statistics

Kids buy in and embrace it

it teaches ball security and good deciscions

fit well with your defensive scheme and philosophy

has a set practice plan and install plan.

 

If it can do all of the above it is the perfect offense

 

Well said.

Perfect offense is as follows:

 

Coach Likes and believes in it

Entire staff believes and embraces it

kids learn it in the feeder system and are excited about it

simple to learn

competitive in the state statistics

Kids buy in and embrace it

it teaches ball security and good deciscions

fit well with your defensive scheme and philosophy

has a set practice plan and install plan.

 

 

If it can do all of the above it is the perfect offense

 

 

Like I said, Double Wing...:D:thumb:

  • Author
Like I said, Double Wing...:D:thumb:

 

I do have to admit that I like the double wing.

We ran the veer, or as we called it "student body right/left", with great success. We had a smart QB, super quick RB and a killer FB. Also our passing game sucked.

  • Author
We ran the veer, or as we called it "student body right/left", with great success. We had a smart QB, super quick RB and a killer FB. Also our passing game sucked.

 

Well, sounds like the best offense for your team.

  • Author
...is a great defense.

 

Are you having a stroke?:D

I like the Double Wing because I think it gives you more out of less athletes. Outnumbering someone at the point of attack, misdirection, and being able to bunch the defense up to burn them when you do throw it is an advantage. Look at the success Estill county had with it this year. They don't have blinding speed or super strong linemen, but they put some serious yardage on the board with what they had. Plus, if your area just has that kind of kid -- scrappy and tough -- I think you can be very effective. Now if you have the speed and hands, there are plenty of other choices out there. But the double wing lessens the decision making for most positions as well. It is assignment football, that can be very effective with only a few plays: Power(sometimes called toss), Counter, Sweep, Trap, and Wedge. All very easy to teach and learn. I think the only hard part to it is selling people on it because it does look unconventional. In reality, it is kind of a throwback to the old days!

I am partial to the spread, but I think ANY offense that features the otion game as a base is great. Defenses have incredible trouble beating the option. Mixing in the option with a good short passing game is ideal, in my opinion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.