Thoughts on Mock Drafts - '08

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Dolphins should take Glenn Dorsey

2. Rams should take 1A. Jake Long *If Pace isnt okay

1B. Chris Long *If Pace is okay

3. Falcons should take Matt Ryan or possibly the Long that falls but do not need McFadden with Dunn & Norwood

4. Raiders should take McFadden to go with Russell but may get cheap & not want to pay top 5 money two years in a row. If so, they may look to trade down. possible partners may be Patriots (#7) and Cowboys (Jones is a Arkansas grad & Julius is an UFA)

I don't know that it will. Ryan doesn't measure up in terms of size, but he does in terms of everything else, including wins.

I guarantee that Brian will beat him in the Wonderlic, and all other skill tests at the combine. Brian is a first rounder now, wait until after the combine his stock will SOAR.

If Brohm drops, I hope he drops to the Vikings... He makes the HOF running play-action with AP.

That's what I have said, while I would hate for him to drop that far, it would be an awesome combo.

They are going to stick with Tavaris, they like him in Minnesota.
Well, I will say this, if Brian is still on the board when Minnesota picks, they will take him, you can take that to the bank. They have been scouting Brian all season, and have still be on him hard, here as of late.

1. Dolphins should take Glenn Dorsey

2. Rams should take 1A. Jake Long *If Pace isnt okay

1B. Chris Long *If Pace is okay

3. Falcons should take Matt Ryan or possibly the Long that falls but do not need McFadden with Dunn & Norwood

4. Raiders should take McFadden to go with Russell but may get cheap & not want to pay top 5 money two years in a row. If so, they may look to trade down. possible partners may be Patriots (#7) and Cowboys (Jones is a Arkansas grad & Julius is an UFA)

So you watched ESPN yesterday.

If Brohm drops, I hope he drops to the Vikings... He makes the HOF running play-action with AP.

The Vikings won't be looking for a QB in round 1. They like Tarvaris Jackson and he showed some real improvement toward the end of the season.

If Minny passes on Brian for Jackson, they deserve what they get. They have an offensive line and a sick ground game in place. Can you imagine what they could do with Brohm under center running his best stuff in the PA, and a good WR in the next round or free agency?

I still think that the Bungles need to take a LB in the first round. (I put Bungles because they have turned into a really bad drafting team.)

1st Rd- Leon Hall- All-Rookie team

2nd Rd- Kenny Irons- good preseason until injury

3rd Rd- No pick (Ahmad Brooks in '06 Supplemental-starting MLB

4th Rd- Marvin White- played well in starts

5th Rd- Jeff Rowe- 3rd team QB (really don't understand this one)

6th Rd- Matt Toeina- practice squad until signed by the Bears-played well for them- think Bengals have a chance to get him back after Bears make final cuts in '08

7th Rd- Dan Santucci- backup Center

7th Rd- Chinedum Endukwe- played really well in starts

The only pick I question is the 5th rounder; all others were very good.

I didn't look at the whole thing, but in the top 5, they have two picks that I don't see materializing.

Atlanta has Norwood; they wil not look at McFadden. They are a trade possibility with a team that wants Run DMC, but they won't keep two young RBs with similar tools and styles. It doesn't make sense.

KC has Brodie Croyle and they believe in him. They will not take Brohm. They have too many holes to risk another QB this high. They may wait and get a guy later to push Croyle, maybe a guy like Eric Ainge in the 5th or 6th round, but not Brohm that high.

I was surprised to see Ryan at 1, but if Miami doesn't believe in Beck, I could see it. Although they have a lot of holes too and Parcells is a "get more draft picks" type of guy. I would not be surprised to see them trade down and stockpile picks.

I guarantee that Brian will beat him in the Wonderlic, and all other skill tests at the combine. Brian is a first rounder now, wait until after the combine his stock will SOAR.

We'll see. He has a big arm, but that is the only advantage that he has on Ryan. Ryan is bigger and doesn't have the injury history. Also, don't be surprised if that Woderlic is closer than you think (no way an NFLteam chooses based on that anyway).

I think one thing that will work against Brohm is the fact that he struggled this season in Kragthorpe's offense, which is closer to a pro-style offense than Coach Petrino's.