Thoughts on Mock Drafts - '08

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Any thought's on who your team might pick up? All the experts are saying that Glenn Dorsey will go first pick to a much-needed defense in the Dolphins. Things get scrambled around on picks 3-7, they are to be determined by a coin flip at the NFL combine, as the records equal 4-12.

There's a possibility of McFadden going to the Pats.

Now that's scary.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well being as Laurinaitis is not in the draft, I don't buy it..:lol:

Also, I like the pick for the Bengals... if he is still there.

Refering to you comment about NE getting McFadden, I don't see him making it past OAK

I have seen a lot of mock drafts with BAL taking Woodson, I can see that as a before them taking Brohm.

Titans - most mock drafts project them to take a WR, which they certainly need. If there is a good one available when they pick, I think that would be a good move. However, I don't think they'll pick one in round 1 just to fill a need if they're is a better guy available. They could still use some help on defense, IMO. Maybe a CB, because who knows if Pac Man will ever come back. Their defense is really good as long as Haynesworth is playing, but if he's out, they slip dramatically...that tells me they still need some players on that side. The Titans still need a lot of upgrades, IMO...they overachieved, which is a testament to Jeff Fisher's ability as a head coach. I'm pretty content with whoever they draft...other than QB and RB, I think they could upgrade at any position. Not that they can't upgrade there, but they seem to have their guys at those positions.

Bengals - They have to address the defensive line...especially DT, IMO. After that, OL, LB, RB and TE are what I see.

Patriots - Do they really need anything? My opinion is that their #1 priority should be LB. Their LB unit is very good, but they're getting old and it's starting to show...especially when they get in space in pass coverage. Now seems like a good time to try to infuse some youth into that unit and let them learn from some of the most intelligent LB's in the NFL. After that, I'd say a team can never go wrong with offensive and defensive lines...perhaps another good young DB.

Well being as Laurinaitis is not in the draft, I don't buy it..:lol:

Also, I like the pick for the Bengals... if he is still there.

Refering to you comment about NE getting McFadden, I don't see him making it past OAK

I have seen a lot of mock drafts with BAL taking Woodson, I can see that as a before them taking Brohm.

Well I certainly hope Oakland picks up McFadden, but we won't know the official draft order until the NFL combine in February.

Well I certainly hope Oakland picks up McFadden, but we won't know the official draft order until the NFL combine in February.

True, but Oakland had a worse record than SF (which is the pick that NE has) so they will be before them no matter what.

The first one has Matt Ryan going 4th because he is "the guy who most feel is the consensus top quarterback available". Wow.

Matt Ryan, I believe, is too small to make a tremendous impact on the professional level. I seriously hope the Falcons find another option suitable. Guess you have to find a coach first?

True, but Oakland had a worse record than SF (which is the pick that NE has) so they will be before them no matter what.

Oh yeah they do. I didn't notice that earlier, San Fransisco ended up finishing 5-11. The SILVER and BLACK is BACK!

I still think that the Bungles need to take a LB in the first round. (I put Bungles because they have turned into a really bad drafting team.)

At this high, which LB would you take? I think DL at this high is a better option. I am just wondering who you would like to see them take?