Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rule change or what.

Featured Replies

Not true.

 

You need to send a memo to all high school refs then because I have seen it called numerous times.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you saying it was not a foul on the shooter? If so, I would disagree.

 

In high school, this is a player control foul. The fact that he released it prior to the foul is irrelevant. Its a player control foul and you never have FTs on a player control foul in high school.

 

In high school, if the shooter has returned to the ground and THEN makes contact OR the ball is through the goal and then makes contact the basket counts. I'm not sure how the college rule is stated but they seem to count the basket if it is clearly RELEASED before contact. I think high school officials call it the way the college officials call it sometimes.

In high school, if the shooter has returned to the ground and THEN makes contact OR the ball is through the goal and then makes contact the basket counts. I'm not sure how the college rule is stated but they seem to count the basket if it is clearly RELEASED before contact. I think high school officials call it the way the college officials call it sometimes.

 

Your scenario above is completely different from the Joe Crawford situation. He was still an airborne shooter when he made contact. In your scenario , he is no longer a shooter once he lands. Any foul he may commit after that is a common foul which would result in bonus FTs if applicable.

You need to send a memo to all high school refs then because I have seen it called numerous times.

 

I've NEVER seen it called as you describe and I watch lots and lots of high school games.

I've NEVER seen it called as you describe and I watch lots and lots of high school games.

 

Me either.

Your scenario above is completely different from the Joe Crawford situation. He was still an airborne shooter when he made contact. In your scenario , he is no longer a shooter once he lands. Any foul he may commit after that is a common foul which would result in bonus FTs if applicable.

 

Right. I'm wondering if the ruling is different in the college game than in the high school game. I've always thought that in college, if it was clearly out of their hand before the contact, then the basket is good AND there is an offensive foul.

Right. I'm wondering if the ruling is different in the college game than in the high school game. I've always thought that in college, if it was clearly out of their hand before the contact, then the basket is good AND there is an offensive foul.

 

Yes, in college if the airborne shooter has released the ball PRIOR to committing the charge, the basket counts. In high school, it does not count. Ever.

Yes, in college if the airborne shooter has released the ball PRIOR to committing the charge, the basket counts. In high school, it does not count. Ever.

 

That is incorrect. If goaltending occurs before the contact, then the basket is good.

Seems like to me everyone knows why it happened and some do not!

Yes, in college if the airborne shooter has released the ball PRIOR to committing the charge, the basket counts. In high school, it does not count. Ever.

 

 

 

cshs is correct on his posts on the call for HS.

Where people get confused sometimes is that there is a different between a player control foul and charging. Look at the signal section of a rule book. Two different calls, two different "mechanics."

I've NEVER seen it called as you describe and I watch lots and lots of high school games.

 

I've seen it called on more than one occasion this year, but it doesn't really matter to me I'll go with whatever you say.:thumb:

cshs is correct on his posts on the call for HS.

 

Nope. See #23.

That is incorrect. If goaltending occurs before the contact, then the basket is good.

 

Correct. My point dealt with the good/no good decision on a made basket in high school vs college.

What about the free throw part? I thought you didnt get free throws on an offensive foul?

I don't think you get free throws on a player control foul.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.