St. Xavier Basketball 2-7.....

St. X is 2-7 and LIT bound. In all fairness to other teams, how can this be? I think this is another sign that the LIT ratings are heavy on the salt.... Is it possible that the Tiger B-ball team will get 8 wins this season? Not looking to favorable for a winning season, again......

:sssh:

Is there any type of formula for the selection process or is it all subjective after the top few teams? I am embarrassed/shocked to see X invited. Trinity received an iffy invite as well. Waggener and/or Holy Cross should have been invited. I believe Waggener was 11th in latest LIT ratings and not invited....:confused:

Go Tigers

LIT is a joke with X in it. I am sure their boosters made sure they were there.

I agree X shouldn't be in it....but blaming their invite on X's boosters, give me a break! They have absolutely nothing to do with the selecting teams for this tournament.

My question was "Can you please let me know if the LIT is subjective or objective in its selection process? It seems unfair to leave out Waggener and maybe Holy Cross considering their LIT ratings had them in the top 12 in the city."

His answer,

The top 12 are taken. Neither Waggener nor Holy Cross were ranked among the top 12 in the city. There is no other factor in the process.