Boyd County vs Russell- 1-4-07

They may have to get used to it considering what they have in the pipeline. Of course that may change as we all know.

I wish them both luck and an injury-free game.

That pipeline is like the oil reserve, and only gets tapped in national emergencys and such, but I did hear this morning oil went over $100 a barrell and gas would be $4 a gal. by Feb.:D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two well coached teams that will be playing pretty decent BB at the end of Feb. Its actually not a bad time to have one of your worst teams right now ,with Elliott being so dominant. Roger is one of the top 2 or 3 coaches to ever come thru the 16th. so by the time that junior class graduates from Sandy Hook look for Boyd to be contending and looking for more banner space in the rafters.:thumb:

It will take an influx of talent for Zornes to be hanging banners anytime soon. Of course that has happened in the past so who knows.

Looks like a few on here like to kick these programs when they are down.

Amusing when there our some other area schools who have hard times many more occasions than these two schools.

Maybe you should rethink that, I think that Duck was hacking on them as well, and I think that he's a Russell supporter as you seem to be Cubster.

Maybe you should rethink that, I think that Duck was hacking on them as well, and I think that he's a Russell supporter as you seem to be Cubster.

Perhaps you missed post #36.:D

The Ol Duckster supports every team in the 16th. However, Russell comes first.:thumb:

I can't recall ever seeing Duck hack on Russell. Generally, it's quite the opposite.

Perhaps you missed post #36.:D

The Ol Duckster supports every team in the 16th. However, Russell comes first.:thumb:

Perhaps you gentlemen skipped post #22, or the Duckster forgot he posted as such, but I think that a 26 to 25 overtime victory is hardly a shining support of one's team. Seemed a bit more of a "hack" than a resounding support. But if you say so, then I suppose it is!

I am not running the Russell program down, its winning % the last few years is awesome, my point is Coach Dodd could have gotten this years players some valuable playing time last year instead of beating teams by 30

Russell averaged 59 ppg last year and their opponents averaged 50 ppg.

They beat Rowan by 29, Raceland by 29, East by 24, & West by 24. That is only 4 games over 20 points out of 32 games. There were no games won by 30 and the majority were single digits to low teens. I think that we can agree that winning by an average of 9 points does not allow many opportunities for extended playing time for the lower end of the bench. Plus, players do not get better by putting them in over their heads. In a close game they would be in over their head and potentially cost a team a game. Looking at this year's team I would say that Dodd used the players he could last year in game situations and the rest got opportunities rarely based on the average margin of victory and lack of "blowout" games.

or

Maybe it is possible that they had much larger leads in a lot of their games and ended up winning by much smaller margins due to him playing his bench??

Perhaps you gentlemen skipped post #22, or the Duckster forgot he posted as such, but I think that a 26 to 25 overtime victory is hardly a shining support of one's team. Seemed a bit more of a "hack" than a resounding support. But if you say so, then I suppose it is!

I say so!:argue:

Post 22 was a joke. If you knew me or anything about me then you would know that.:fire: Also, I never mentioned overtime.:lol:

[/color]

I say so!:argue:

Post 22 was a joke. If you knew me or anything about me then you would know that.:fire: Also, I never mentioned overtime.:lol:

So I was wrong about OT. Sure hope your devils play well. I picked 'em to win. On a personal note, I'm not upset that I don't know you personally. I prefer to see how you come across behind the facade of your username.