Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Future coaching greats

Featured Replies

He does get a lot out of his players. I have to agree.

 

No doubt about it. Steve and Tara do a great job at Scott County each and every year.

 

Other coaches that come to mind are Chris Stallings at Bullitt East, Kerrie Stewart at Trimble County, Mark Wilhoit at Williamstown, and Jamie Walz Richey at Highlands. All of these work extremely hard year round to make their teams the best they can be.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bracken County's Patrick Kelsch would be a great catch for any team. He knows the game and is ready for his chance to take the reins of a program.

I think Bracken County's Patrick Kelsch would be a great catch for any team. He knows the game and is ready for his chance to take the reins of a program.

 

 

100% agree with you Billy Clyde:thumb:

Well I must throw in Coach Stamm as well as his asst. Mike and Blake Clary !!

I think Bracken County's Patrick Kelsch would be a great catch for any team. He knows the game and is ready for his chance to take the reins of a program.

 

Have to agree. Have had the opprotunity to watch Coach Kelsch several years now. Any ball player that has had the good fortune to come under his guidance could only come out better on the other end.

I think Mefford at Carroll Co does a great job, Osborne at Owen is good and Wilhoit gets more out of his kids than anyone. I see these guys in summer at summer camps they all are good coaches.

I think Mefford at Carroll Co does a great job, Osborne at Owen is good and Wilhoit gets more out of his kids than anyone. I see these guys in summer at summer camps they all are good coaches.

 

I agree with you. Mefford has really made a great transition from Coaching boys to Coaching Girls. He was COY last year in the 8th last year. Really like Wilhoit also, he always has well coached teams and in the next year is going ot have some well-deserved success on the court.

 

Do not know much about Osborne but I like the way his teams play.

Doesn't it say best young coaches? I am not taking anything away from some of the coaches named but I thought this thread was for up and coming young coaches. Holly Roberts from Gallatin County will be one of the up and coming young coaches in Ky.

Doesn't it say best young coaches? I am not taking anything away from some of the coaches named but I thought this thread was for up and coming young coaches. Holly Roberts from Gallatin County will be one of the up and coming young coaches in Ky.

 

You are right she does a good job with her girls. They always play hard and never give up. Just when you think they do not have a star someone steps up and starts performing well.

 

I guess the other Coaches are not young huh:lol:

 

I like Meffords Daughter at Carroll she is really great with the girls and fun to watch coach. She has a different style from her Dad, but plays to win.

You are right she does a good job with her girls. They always play hard and never give up. Just when you think they do not have a star someone steps up and starts performing well.

 

I guess the other Coaches are not young huh:lol:

 

I like Meffords Daughter at Carroll she is really great with the girls and fun to watch coach. She has a different style from her Dad, but plays to win.

 

I couldn't agree more!

Brenden Stowers at Simon Kenton. He is Jeff's assistant and if you have played against his defense you know how good he is. Bottom line at Simon if you don't play "D" you don't play. Everyone in Independence are on "pins and needles" each off season worrying that Brenden will take a head boys job or a college position. If he is not, he should be on everyones short list.

What ever happened to Beth Vice? She was coaching but havent heard of her lately. She would have made a great one, along with Camey Geimen from Brossart.

i know at ludlow coach mike clary has been coaching for a long time and i am sure coach stamm gives him alot credit with them two turning the program around and they seem to work together well.keep up the good work .

Brenden Stowers at Simon Kenton. He is Jeff's assistant and if you have played against his defense you know how good he is. Bottom line at Simon if you don't play "D" you don't play. Everyone in Independence are on "pins and needles" each off season worrying that Brenden will take a head boys job or a college position. If he is not, he should be on everyones short list.

 

Must have got the "D" genes from his mom.:D

I really think Coach Arnold at Augusta is going to be a Great Coach, Don't let the win/loss record fool you. The team just does not know basketball, but they are improving. I hope she can stick with it through the hard times and teach the younger players more basics.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.